PDA

View Full Version : A re-enlistment question

rcain2531
08-16-07, 10:45 PM
I have been out of the corps for four years after five of service. Since my discharge I have thought that if I were to re-enlist I would lose rank in the process. I was told tonight from a good...

Haffner
08-16-07, 11:18 PM
In my experience here at the MCCES Schoolhouse, Sgt, I've seen many Marines re-enlist at the NCO level, none of which have lost rank (one of whom was even out for 8 years still came back as a Sgt).

Of course that is not to say that a loss of rank may not happen, but I'd put the good ol' 99.9 repeating percent odds against it.

In a year and some change at the Corps biggest MOS training facility, I've seen no loss of rank - I suppose that's the statement it boils down to lol.

Regardless, good luck, Sgt. Positive you don't need it.

rcain2531
08-16-07, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the info Haffner, hope you are enjoying the stumps. Spent alot of time there myself. While its definetly not an exotic location you see in the recruiting videos, I had some great times there. Being in an artillery unit theres nothing like a huge firing range.

rheinmark187
08-18-07, 02:28 PM
in my situation, it would be problematic for me to retain my rank. I would like to do a latmove, so it would be easier for me if I went back in as a lance corporal.

rcain2531
08-20-07, 10:54 AM
Answers from the recruiter for anyone interested. I can keep my rank and there are good bonuses available for most MOS's. The only thing I wont have control over is the duty station. You can put in your "dream list", but seeing as for me it would be a lat move, this doesnt mean much. Either way my package is in, just waiting on my clearance to come back. Good luck to all trying to get back in.

Semper Fi
:flag: