PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions...

Dylan123
08-16-07, 02:18 AM
Hey im new here and i just have a couple of questions about the Marines. Im thinking of joining the Marines and becoming a scout/sniper. Now, if i join the infantry MOS to become a scout/sniper and fail one of the tests like say i dont get what i need on the marksman test, can i retake it or is that it for me? Also, do i need to have a college degree to become a sniper or can i join the corps when i graduate high school. Thanks a lot in advance

Haffner
08-16-07, 02:19 AM
Christ on a cracker...

Covey_Rider
08-16-07, 05:07 AM
Make that two crackers.

Phantom Blooper
08-16-07, 05:08 AM
Fill out your profile! :evilgrin:

Marine84
08-16-07, 09:10 AM
Somebody wake me up when it's over................................on second thought, somebody give me a cracker - I KNOW better than to fall asleep around you guys!

immaproshooter
08-16-07, 09:59 PM
lol.....let me translate that for you.....first make sure you update your profile and fill everything in...and also... a good tip around here is to search before posting questions about 99% of the time the question has already been asked..jsut research and then if you cant find it here feel free to ask and whed be happy to help

Alphaonethree
08-21-07, 11:01 AM
Not to bust your bubble. You had better like the other Marines are telling you DO YOUR RESEARCH. Number one, That job is not like what you see on TV, Very boring and there is a 99.9% chance you will never fire a round at a live target. Number two. Not much of a job market out there for a scout/sniper. First before you can get that job your going to wait in line with the rest of the gentlement who want to become scout / snipers. ( Its a long line). Check with your recruiter, I think you have to be in at least two years to fill that billet. They will look at your range scores and I think you have to be in the top 10% of your units score to be considered for that school.
:iwo: