PDA

View Full Version : Thank You "the drifter"

MOM4RMARINES
08-15-07, 09:33 PM
I am very new to this site. I actually was on the phone with a Marine parent trying to help her find some previous info on myself etc.. So I self googled. LOL
I found not only the information regarding my efforts for The USMC parents and their sons, but found that it was also posted on this site. So I joined here! :)
The information that was posted here was regarding my efforts for 3/2 while deployed last year. Google MOM 4 R MARINES and you will find out alittle about me.
My son joined the USMC in 2003, went to Afganistan in 2004 and Iraq in 2005 and 2006. I am so proud of my son and ALL our Marines and Sailors! I saw the need for communication, information and support for USMC parents. Last year the Lt Col and I created the first ever Battalion parent network. Yes, this was under his command. Although unofficial in the USMC, we were a power house. As they say there is no one tougher than a Marine except his mother!:evilgrin:

After the change in command this past May, I was asked if I would like to continue to be the Battalion parent coordinator. Well, what do you think I said?? OF COURSE, I can not leave our parents without the support and information.
I have hundreds of parents in our group. I will continue to send things to our Battlaion that will deploy again in the near future. If anyone is interested in helping out, I will be getting a website up shortly, with information on how to contribute. This of course is not asked, requested or endorsed in any way from the USMC, I am just a mom on a personal mission, to bring a smile to guys while they are deployed.
Thedrifter, Thanks so very much for posting the " Boortz"
endorsement on this site! BTW I am from the Philly suburbs!;)
God Bless ALL our former and present Marines.
Semper Fi!
Patty