PDA

View Full Version : Leadership

ktriplett
03-25-03, 05:34 PM
Principles

 Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
 Be technically and tactically proficient.
 Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates.
 Make sound and timely decisions.
 Set the example.
 Know your Marines and look out for their welfare.
 Keep your Marines informed.
 Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.
 Ensure assigned tasks are understood, supervised, and accomplished.
 Train your Marines as a team.
 Employ your command in accordance with its capabilities.

Traits

 Dependability: The certainty of proper performance of duty.
 Bearing: Creating a favorable impression in carriage, appearance and personal conduct at all times.
 Courage: The mental quality that recognizes fear of danger or criticism, but enables a man to proceed in the face of it with calmness and firmness.
 Decisiveness: Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner.
 Endurance: The mental and physical stamina measured by the ability to withstand pain, fatigue, stress and hardship.
 Enthusiasm: The display of sincere interest and exuberance in the performance of duty.
 Initiative: Taking action in the absence of orders.
 Integrity: Uprightness of character and soundness of moral principles; includes the qualities of truthfulness and honesty.
 Judgment: The ability to weigh facts and possible solutions on which to base sound decisions.
 Justice: Giving reward and punishment according to merits of the case in question. The ability to administer a system of rewards and punishments impartially and consistently.
 Knowledge: Understanding of a science or an art. The range of one's information, including professional knowledge and an understanding of your Marines.
 Tact: The ability to deal with others without creating offense.
 Unselfishness: Avoidance of providing for one's own comfort and personal advancement at the expense of others.
 Loyalty: The quality of faithfulness to country, the Corps, the unit, to one's seniors, subordinates and peers.

JJ DID TIE BUCKLE:

J ustice
J udgement

D ependability
I nitiative
D ecisiveness

T act
I ntegrity
E nthusiam

B earing
U nselfishness
C ourage
K nowledge
L oyalty
E ndurance

wrbones
03-25-03, 05:36 PM
The buckle thing is new, so I'll let ya slide! LMAO.

Surprising how much there is to learn, ain't it? I guarantee ya, yer education about the Marine Corps is just gettin' started!

Stay the course and don't let the bastards get ya down!

ktriplett
03-25-03, 05:39 PM
I know I've seen this stuff posted before, but I figured it couldn't hurt to post a reminder. I got grilled about it last night, so I had to make sure my fellow poolees are keeping up on this stuff...

Sixguns
03-31-03, 07:54 PM
Great post!!

JJ DID TIE BUCKLE was useful to me at a meritorious promotion board in 1984. Anything after 1970 is new Corps for Bones!! LOL!

SF,

RoboRobinson17
04-28-03, 11:59 PM
Bump for the new Poolees. I wonder how ktriplett is doing in Boot? Anyone send him a care package yet? :banana: