PDA

View Full Version : Comedian Lewis Black to play Miramar

thedrifter
08-14-07, 08:06 PM
Comedian Lewis Black to play Miramar
Staff report
Posted : Tuesday Aug 14, 2007 19:08:16 EDT

SAN DIEGO — Comedian Lewis Black, known for his biting sarcasm and political and social commentary, is taking to the stage for a free performance Wednesday at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Calif.

Black is scheduled to perform at the Bob Hope Theater as part of a USO entertainment tour that will include John Salley and Rob Dibble, who co-host the Fox Sports Network’s “The Best Damn Sports Show Period,” air station officials said. They are expected to sign autographs and meet one-on-one with service members.

Black, who does an occasional segment called “Back in Black” on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” received a Grammy award earlier this year for best comedy album, “The Carnegie Hall Performance.”

“I’m genuinely excited about performing in Miramar,” Black said in a USO announcement. “I’ve performed all over at an array of different venues, but none have brought me as much joy as this upcoming concert — working with the USO and performing for the troops — it’s a real honor.”

The event is open to Marines and other eligible patrons who have access to the air station.

Ellie