View Full Version : Marine shirts
03-25-03, 05:19 PM
The other day we had a PFT and some of the poolees had on Marine t-shirts. I was wondering how people feel about using Marine stuff if you aren't already a Marine.
Part of me thinks that this is like wearing a frat shirt (of a frat you are not in) around campus. It just shouldn't be done because you haven't earned it yet. But the other part of me thinks it is just showing support for the Corps, like when people wear NYPD and FDNY tshirts. When I signed my papers for OCS they gave me a box with some Semper Fi bumper stickers but I am not going to put them on my car until I accept my commission.
What do the real Marines think about this; how about the poolees?
03-25-03, 05:23 PM
Ya haven't read the POOL-ee forums yet, have ya?
GO back. DO it again! :D
03-25-03, 05:24 PM
I knew that was coming. Sorry.
03-25-03, 05:28 PM
LMAO. So ya are payin' attention! :banana:
03-25-03, 05:45 PM
This is my reponse to the Boot Camp thread
03-25-03, 05:47 PM
these are my general orders:
1. To take charge of my post and all government property in view
2. To walk my post in a military manner keeping always on the alert and observing everything within sight and hearing
3. To report all violations of orders i'm instructed to enforce
4. to repeart all calls more distant from the guard house than my own
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved
6. To recieve obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me all orders from the commanding officer officer of the day and all officers and noncommisioned officers of the guard only
7. To talk to no one in the line of duty
8. To sound the alarm in case of fire or disorder
9. To call the corporal guard in any case not covered by instructions
10. To salute all officer colors and standards not cased by instructions
11. To be sepecially watchful at night and during the time for challenging challenge all people on or near my post and to let no one pass without proper authority
hopefully within 3 minutes sir
03-25-03, 05:50 PM
And I've looked through the forum and found no info on my question. Hopefully by doing this I have done what I wasn't doing right before and won't have to hear "Go back. DO it AGAIN" for at least the rest of this thread.
But if not, I'd be more than happy to go back and do it again, SIR!
03-25-03, 06:01 PM
Check the mentor forum. I know for certain that your question about the shirts has been covered before, but I don't remember if it's in the Mentor or Poolee forums. Keep looking, bud.
03-25-03, 06:13 PM
Thanks ktriplett. I thought I was goin' nuts. I can't find it either! LOL. Just spent an hour lookin'!
03-25-03, 06:20 PM
Buried in this thread!
03-25-03, 06:20 PM
Well, about the goin' nuts thing, I'm pretty sure that's happening anyway, but at least you don't have to worry about imagining the t-shirt thread. I know it's here somewhere. :)
03-25-03, 06:21 PM
NOW. WTH was I doin.......
03-25-03, 06:41 PM
Our RSS gives them to us when we Dep in. We wear them when we PT
03-25-03, 08:13 PM
I was going nuts trying to figure out what you meant by I hadn't read the Poolee forum, then I started thinking it was a brain teaser kind of thing. It was good though, I learned a lot (and reread a lot of info) by looking at the previous posts. Thanks for putting the link up.
03-25-03, 08:18 PM
Its settled, I'm returning the grey "Marines" shirt my mom bought me.