PDA

View Full Version : SOI Training Matrix and Questions

hawks
08-14-07, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the SOI training matrix for Pendleton?

Also, how much does SOI suck for 0311, based on Marines experience? There is a possibility that I might be activated here shortly to go there.

Accord
08-15-07, 02:00 PM
SOI as an 0311 is going to suck. Basically you're going to be in the field Monday through Friday every single week after common skills and you'll be treated like a 4th phase recruit as opposed to a Marine and your instructors will act like drill instructors and try to play boot camp games - don't let any of it phase you.

SOI East and West are identical, except you'll be humping up mountains on the west coast.

The things you learn at SOI are the extreme basics and when you check in with your unit they'll tell you to pretty much forget everything you've learned at SOI. You'll get your real training in the fleet and with your unit from your NCO's and squad leaders.

Also, for some stupid reason, reservists are treated like crap at SOI and will always be the last ones to get chow and do pretty much anything.

Accord
08-15-07, 02:06 PM
SOI is the place where motivation goes to die. Don't let it be that way for you and don't lose your post bootcamp motivation that you've got right now.

SSgt Blue
08-15-07, 02:40 PM
hawks, It's not that bad. You will get in better shape. I love Machine gun hill.

marinepooly1361
08-15-07, 02:45 PM
If you dont mind a wannabee asking...

What is SOI?

SSgt Blue
08-15-07, 02:51 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceType w:st="on">School</st1:PlaceType> of <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Infantry</st1:PlaceName></st1:place>

SSgt Blue
08-15-07, 02:52 PM
ok WTF, School of Infantry