PDA

View Full Version : Imus settles with CBS, may make comeback

jetdawgg
08-14-07, 12:06 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070814/capt.bab09b0917914eafbd553082cf9ff906.people_imus_ radio_ny127.jpg?x=180&y=237&sig=.2dGZrTj4UZFuAqAF55lxQ-- (http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070814/482/bab09b0917914eafbd553082cf9ff906;_ylt=AglXwpdT9THO yWgnDATVnYxnhVID)AP Photo: (http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070814/482/bab09b0917914eafbd553082cf9ff906;_ylt=AlsptoChuUjx KKveOSt8u1tnhVID) Radio personality Don Imus appears on Rev. Al Sharpton's radio show, in New York in...

NEW YORK - Don Imus has reached a settlement with CBS over his multimillion-dollar contract and is negotiating with WABC radio to resume his broadcasting career there, according to CBS and a person familiar with the negotiations.

Imus and CBS Radio reached a settlement that would pre-empt the dismissed radio personality's threatened $120 million breach-of-contract lawsuit, CBS spokesman Dana McClintock said Tuesday.

No terms of the settlement were disclosed.

The person familiar with the talks told The Associated Press that Imus is taking steps to make a comeback with WABC-AM. The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the news had not been announced, also said the deal with CBS calls for a "non-disparaging" agreement that forbids him from speaking negatively about his former employer.

The settlement and possible comeback come more than four months after Imus created an uproar over his racist and sexist comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team.

Just before his dismissal, Imus signed a five-year, $40 million contract with CBS Radio (owned by CBS Corp.). Famed First Amendment lawyer Martin Garbus said in May that Imus planned to sue CBS for $120 million in unpaid salary and damages.

WFAN, the New York radio station that was Imus' flagship, also announced Tuesday that former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason will take over the morning time slot along with Craig Carton, a New Jersey radio personality.
WABC is a talk-radio station that features political and topical shows with such stars Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

Imus, 66, was dismissed April 12 after describing the Rutgers women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos" on his nationally syndicated radio program, which was also simulcast on MSNBC. (General Electric Co.'s cable TV channel now has the "Morning Joe" program with Joe Scarborough.)

Garbus had said Imus would sue for the contract's unpaid part. He cited a contract clause in which CBS acknowledged that Imus' services were "unique, extraordinary, irreverent, intellectual, topical, controversial."

The clause said Imus' programming was "desired by company and ... consistent with company rules and policy," according to Garbus.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070814/ap_on_en_ot/imus_radio

marinegreen
08-14-07, 10:04 PM
Hey I'm all for the I-Man to comeback, he shouldnt have been fired in the 1st place but the candyarsed network bigwigs were ****ten there pants when he made the Ho's comment. And I think you all can agree that the Ho's arent gonna be scar'ed for life. Hell if thats true then they been scar'ed since the womb cuz moms was listening to that rap sh*t I gauarntee you and there always talking bout Ho's,bitc*es,killing cops,beating on the woman etc;etc;. I cant believe the network caved into 2 of the biggest hypocrits out there ( Jackson/Sharpton). I say He** yeah,come on back I-man, even though I didnt agree with everything you said.

FistFu68
08-15-07, 04:39 AM
:evilgrin: IMUS,IS PAID TOO BE A SHOCK-JOC;IF PEEP'S DON'T LIKE WHAT HE SAY'S.THEN CHANGE THE CHANNEL:evilgrin:

SgtSpurlock2141
08-15-07, 07:36 AM
I say he should jump on with Sirius like Stern did. I also didn't really agree with some of the things Imus said...but it was his show and his opinions. I also heard this morning on NBC that one of the ball players is suing Imus, CBS, and NBC for defamation of character. That, my friends, is simply unwarranted.

marinegreen
08-15-07, 09:59 AM
I say he should jump on with Sirius like Stern did. I also didn't really agree with some of the things Imus said...but it was his show and his opinions. I also heard this morning on NBC that one of the ball players is suing Imus, CBS, and NBC for defamation of character. That, my friends, is simply unwarranted.

The parasite lawyers were waiting in the wings....Funny how she's boo-hooing now that I-Man got a lil $$ as of late. YOU GOT TO BE FUQING KIDDING MEEEEEE !! This Ho says she cant walk the halls without being ridiculed and called names and how her good name was tarnished. If thats the case then all rappers should be sued for there lyrics,Ooohhh wait a min, thats part of there culture so its ok if the rappers call em ho's,*****es, and all that other lingo. I should sue the Rutgers girls basketball team,the head coach and the college for interrupting my TV time :devious: making me listen to how scar'ed they are. I bet they'll say it fuqed em in the head so bad they could have won the Championship. Lawyers need to lined up and executed:thumbup: . Some of the law suits popping up these days,its no wonder our society is such a cesspool anymore.

Accord
08-15-07, 01:09 PM
Imus was a Marine.

marinegreen
08-15-07, 04:21 PM
Imus was a Marine.

The Bugel Corps ! Cant quite remember how he got there but remember laughing when he talked about it ! He even joked about it !