PDA

View Full Version : Code of Conduct

mrbsox
03-25-03, 01:21 PM
Let us remember, that their strength depends upon their faith in ** US **

Code of Conduct: This Code of Conduct was enacted in 1955 by the current President
of the United States. There are six articles that present a comprehensive guide for
all American Military Forces in wartime and in peacetime.

The General guidelines are dedication to the Country and the cause of Freedom for one
and all and conduct on the battlefield; being taken prisoner of war. (POW)

This New Code of Conduct is not a part of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (USMJ),
but rather a personal conduct mandate for members of the Armed Forces worldwide.

Article I: I am an American, fighting in the Armed Forces which guard my country and
our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

Article II: I will NEVER surrender of my own free will. If in command I will NEVER
surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

Article III: If I am captured, I will continue to resist by ALL means available. I
will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither
parole nor special favors from the enemy.

Article IV: If I become a POW, I will keep FAITH with my fellow prisoners. I will
give NO information nor take part in ANY action which might be harmful to my comrades.
If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will OBEY the lawful orders of those
appointed over me and will back them and their orders.

Article V: When questioned as a POW, I am required ONLY to give my name, rank, service
number and date of birth. I will refuse to answer any further questions to the utmost
of my ability. I will make NO oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its
allies or cause harm to them.

Article VI: I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT I AM AN AMERICAN, responsible for my actions,
dedicated to the principles which made my country free.
I WILL TRUST IN GOD AND IN THE USA.

mrbsox
03-25-03, 01:24 PM
Lance Corporal (at discharge) Terry A. Bowersox Sr. USMC <br />
<br />
DOB: December 17, 1975 at PARRIS ISLAND, South Carolina