PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Hutchins

thewookie
08-14-07, 10:50 AM
I'm from the same hometown as Sgt. Hutchins and I was wondering what the general consensus or opinion of him was by Marines past, and present. It seems to me like he got railroaded but I could be biased and not that close to good information like active Marines are? I want some honest truth here, please. Do you think he was right or wrong? Was the trial fair and honest? And is he the only one who's deserving of this sentence? Semper Fi Marines.

thewookie
08-14-07, 02:31 PM
I have almost 30 views on this question but no opinions yet? Marines have an opinion on everything just ask. I don't know this guy. I just happen to be from the same town as him and it's a big topic on the chats. I've done some googling on the subject and I've spoken to a few local Marines. But now I just want to know, from those in the know. Semper Fi

GySgtRet
08-14-07, 03:40 PM
Sgt Hutchins was tried in the media before justice could be served. None of us were where these Marines were at the time this occured. If there was imbedded media then they need to be neutral. I think it is a crying shame that Sgt Hutchins has had to endure this along with his family. Generla Mattis would do the right thing in fact there have been Chsin Marines that have written to General Mattis about this very same thing. Supposed friendlys, then they are gorrilias all of the sudden. I feel it is a miss trial and should be stricken from his record.

Semper Fi

:usmc:

thewookie
08-14-07, 03:50 PM
Sgt Hutchins was tried in the media before justice could be served. None of us were where these Marines were at the time this occured. If there was imbedded media then they need to be neutral. I think it is a crying shame that Sgt Hutchins has had to endure this along with his family. Generla Mattis would do the right thing in fact there have been Chsin Marines that have written to General Mattis about this very same thing. Supposed friendlys, then they are gorrilias all of the sudden. I feel it is a miss trial and should be stricken from his record.

Semper Fi

:usmc:

Semper Fi Gunny, thank you!

SGTBrentG
08-14-07, 03:50 PM
I can't say if he is guilty or not. Only he knows that. We can't pass judgement when we weren't in his shoes. What I do know, and the Gunny already said it, is that they were tried and convicted long before the trials started. There was lots of pressure to see to it that some punishment was handed out. I don't think it was possible to get a fair trial.