PDA

View Full Version : Marines Out To Avenge Blood Of 'executed' Gis

Super Dave
03-25-03, 12:53 PM
They have REALLY Fu**ed up now..

March 25, 2003 -- Reporting from a Marine helicopter base in the Kuwaiti desert

THE Marines at this chopper base near the Iraqi border are seething with rage and talking revenge over the treatment of American POWs - paraded on TV and some possibly executed.

"OK, they want to play that way. We can play that way," vowed one enraged pilot.

Marine after Marine had the same message - many of them warning that there would be "no second chances for those Iraqis now."

Virtually every conversation here touched on the POW's treatment and possible executions yesterday. It was discussed on chow lines, in the bomb shelters, outside the latrines.

Robert "Doc" Davenport, a Marine medic trained to both save people and kill them, was among those struggling to digest the appalling news.

"It makes it harder to do my job," he said, explaining he'll now think twice about dressing the wounds of injured Iraqis.

"If we run across one of them and he needs my help, it will be harder for me to do it," he added.

Many Marines on this desert base - affectionately known as "Snakepit" - said they believe they were sent to Iraq not to hurt people, but to free them from Saddam Hussein's ruthless grip.

"We want to help these people and look what they're doing to us," said more than one shocked Marine.

"What we should do is go in there and kill every last soul," growled Sgt. Mike Brady.

"If they realize that we are going to kill them like that, they'll be like 'OK, OK, we surrender,' " said the 28-year-old Texas native.

Brady, who mans the twin 50-caliber machineguns aboard a Sea Stallion chopper, said he'll be much more wary now when he's flying over Iraqi positions.

He'll no longer give enemy soldiers the benefit of the doubt when they start waving white flags.

"I'm going to be a lot quicker to pull that trigger if I think they're up to something," he said.

During an air raid yesterday - when everyone rushed into the bomb shelters with their gas masks and chemical and biological gear - one Marine's muffled swearing was heard above the din.

Repeating the sneering nickname used for Saddam Hussein, he kept saying, " 'So damn' insane, 'so damn' insane. I'm going to come up there myself and kill you."

Of course, not everyone on the base is calling for blood - yet.

Cpl. Joseph Michinki said he's not convinced the executions actually took place.

"They can fake all kinds of things with video," noted Michinki, 21, of Georgia.

"But if that really was Americans being killed, I'd be pretty ****ed," he added.

Sgt Sostand
03-25-03, 07:21 PM
ya pay back time i am also ****ed the f*** off:marine:

SSGT Hinson
03-25-03, 08:40 PM
Yeah I agree it is Payback time all right. It has really upset me to see those pictures and not be there to help get the revenge that those fallen deserve. God Bless them and their families during this time of mourning.:marine:

SHOOTER1
03-25-03, 08:55 PM
Between this ,and waving white flags,and then opening fire, Itll be a wonder if any prisnors are taken by our side.:devious:

greensideout
03-25-03, 09:19 PM
It happened before in WW II to the Marines in the pacific.

They had little interest in takeing prisoners after that.

mrbsox
03-25-03, 09:48 PM
Gonna be a tough call in the field. We got to remember there are still bonifide civilians that WANT our support. That's why were there.

greensideout
03-25-03, 10:06 PM
True mrbsox. It's a different engagement.

MillRatUSMC
03-25-03, 10:37 PM
These atrocities have occurred in several wars, WWII, Korea, Vietnam to name a few.
The fools committing these atrocities best remember.
Atrocities only beget more atrocities.
Also the fools firing while waving a flag of surrender.
Will place more of their men lives in danger.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

leroy8541
03-26-03, 04:28 AM
Pretense of surrender? Stockpiles of chemical protective gear, and atropine? Execution of Prisoners? Military H.Q. in a hospital with no patients? I say its time to send the reporters to the rear with their cameras and start doing what MARINES do!! So as not to give everyone with a Television Post Traumatic Stress.

Sgt Sostand
03-26-03, 06:24 AM
i say they shouldnt take no Prisoners unless they can lock them down tight. hell they want to play that way just shoot them that no the way to do it but i think it better than geting kill:marine:

GunnerMike
03-26-03, 07:42 AM
I think the Iraqi's will learn a lesson from our New Testament, "As you sow, so shall you reap." In the vernacular of Vietnam, "Payback is a Mo*********r!!!!"

GunnerMike
03-26-03, 07:52 AM
I think the Iraqi's will learn a lesson from our New Testament, "As you sow, so shall you reap." In the vernacular of Vietnam, "Payback is a Mo*********r!!!!"

tiggerifictr2
03-26-03, 09:56 AM
I know I am going to get pummeled for this--

I am not a Marine nor military, so I can not possibly fathom the anger, hurt, rage, and need for revenge you are experiencing over the soldiers killed and paraded on tv. That is unconscionable. It is dishonorable and cowardice, just plain evil---NONE of which we as Americans are.

My response is to the comments about seeking revenge on everyone there and the medic saying he would have to think twice about treating an injured Iraqi soldier.

As Americans, and Marines, you are better than that. I know the need for revenge is strong, but to give in to it--especially as a medic, on surrendered soldiers, or on civilians--you become like them, and then they have won. Yes, I know it is easy to for me to say since I am not there. I can't possibly understand. And you may be right. You have to make the final decision when you are in the situation. But I thought the whole premise was that America was better than that, that we aren't like them.

You may also come back with it is dishonorable not to avenge the deaths of the fallen and to fight back on the behalf of the POWs. Yes, seek your revenge on the Battlefield.

To treat POWs the way they have, show them on tv, use civilians as shields, and parade around in uniforms like ours and execute their own people is terroristic and cowardice. They have shown they have no honor, don't let them take yours away from you.

Sorry, I know I have really p***ed alot off here, so let the barage of messages begin.

I do support you all though. God Bless you and SEMPER FI:marine:

SheWolf
03-26-03, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by tiggerifictr2
I know I am going to get pummeled for this--

I am not a Marine nor military, so I can not possibly fathom the anger, hurt, rage, and need for revenge you are experiencing over the soldiers killed and paraded on tv. That is unconscionable. It is dishonorable and cowardice, just plain evil---NONE of which we as Americans are.

My response is to the comments about seeking revenge on everyone there and the medic saying he would have to think twice about treating an injured Iraqi soldier.

As Americans, and Marines, you are better than that. I know the need for revenge is strong, but to give in to it--especially as a medic, on surrendered soldiers, or on civilians--you become like them, and then they have won. Yes, I know it is easy to for me to say since I am not there. I can't possibly understand. And you may be right. You have to make the final decision when you are in the situation. But I thought the whole premise was that America was better than that, that we aren't like them.

You may also come back with it is dishonorable not to avenge the deaths of the fallen and to fight back on the behalf of the POWs. Yes, seek your revenge on the Battlefield.

To treat POWs the way they have, show them on tv, use civilians as shields, and parade around in uniforms like ours and execute their own people is terroristic and cowardice. They have shown they have no honor, don't let them take yours away from you.

Sorry, I know I have really p***ed alot off here, so let the barage of messages begin.

I do support you all though. God Bless you and SEMPER FI:marine:

you know,, I think the soldiers in Camp Pennsylvanis showed great restraint and showed truly how disciplined they are, when they were able to apprehend and guard the soldier who threw the grenades,, I'm sure the first gut reaction would have been to shoot him.......... but they arose above it,,,, God Bless them and all our troops

SgtBigK
03-26-03, 11:17 AM
"I am not a Marine nor military"

Therefore I don't give a s hit what you have to say, p iss off civilian liberal pc slime.

SgtBigK

"Pain is weakness leaving the body":marine:

firstsgtmike
03-26-03, 11:17 AM
tiggerifictr2

There are two types of thinking, reactive and introspective, or put another way, knee-jerk and arm-chair.

One reacts to the initial emotion, and the other views consequences, conscience, and self-image.

In most situations, but not always, the individual himself passes from one stage to the next. Or, a buddy on the scene will tell him to "cool it" and together they end up doing the "right thing".

Not too long ago, there was a "situation". An emotion was expressed. I gave him the opportunity, and a knife. He, then, had second thoughts about castrating his antagonist.

One of the great things in dealing with Marines is the realization that once you get past the facade and get to the core, you find the Corps, in all its glory.

And that is more than my opinion, it is my life.

GunnerMike
03-26-03, 11:28 AM
If you are not a Marine you have not earned the right to wear my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor or to use my Marine form of greeting, "Semper Fi". Why are you even on this board?

You state that you are neither military nor Marine, that makes you a civilian. The only reason I still talked to my parents when I came home was that they were both veterans. I still don't care much for civilians, that's why my wife is a veteran.

Obviously annoyed,
Gunner Mike

sgtfowler
03-26-03, 11:28 AM
The prisoners tried to escape so I shot them. So there!!!!!:marine:

wrbones
03-26-03, 02:26 PM
The lady is new to boards like this and in my opinion doesn'rt know any better. She may have been wise to refrain from posting on this thread

My personal opinion is that it's not about revenge. It's about survival.

I'm not on the ground there and it's hard to judge anything otherwise.

The title of the article, and the article itself is, in my opinion, the media equivalent of trolling.

Seems like it worked.

The lady who posted here and some of the rest of you have bought into the trolling, hook, line and sinker.

GunnerMike
03-26-03, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by wrbones
The lady is new to boards like this and in my opinion doesn'rt know any better. She may have been wise to refrain from posting on this thread

My personal opinion is that it's not about revenge. It's about survival.

I'm not on the ground there and it's hard to judge anything otherwise.

The title of the article, and the article itself is, in my opinion, the media equivalent of trolling.

Seems like it worked.

The lady who posted here and some of the rest of you have bought into the trolling, hook, line and sinker.

The trouble with trolling is the fisherperson may not be able to handle what is caught. If I wanted to read or listen to civilians babble I'd be on AOL forums. I stand by my original statements. Civilians normally don't want Marines around unless:
A. Their butts are caught in a serious crack.
B. They want us for our payroll.

I was sworn to defend them and obey the orders of the civilians in office, but I sure don't like them.

criggleman
03-26-03, 08:43 PM
Hey tiggerifictr2,
The marines have alot of sayings, my favorite is "kill'em all, and let God sort them out ', so unless you been there "drift" I'm not going to give you the HONOR of a Semper Fi you don't rate it!

wrbones
03-26-03, 08:48 PM
The individual has been extensively counseled concerning their comments on this thread.

Please return to the original topic if you would.

Semper Fidelis, Marines.

Bones

GunnerMike
04-01-03, 12:32 PM
If the population at large thought Marines were more than upset about the fallen and executed soldiers of the 507th, then stand by for a ram from this.

Dead US soldier hung on public display

April 1 2003

US Marines moved into the southern Iraqi town of Shatrah today to recover the body of a dead comrade which had been hanged in the town square, officers said.

Hundreds of troops were dispatched on the operation after intelligence reports indicated the body of a dead American, who was killed in a firefight last week, had been paraded through the streets and hanged in public.

"We would like to retrieve the body of the marine but it is not our sole purpose," said Lieutenant-Colonel Pete Owen, of the First Marine Expeditionary Force.

Military sources said another part of the operation was to arm local militias to fight against members of the ruling Baath party loyal to Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

Shatrah is some 40 km north of Nasiriyah, where Iraqi forces have been harassing US supply lines and putting up tough resistance for more than a week.

- AFP

This story was found at: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/04/01/1048962731737.html

Things will be very ugly.