PDA

View Full Version : When a US soldier in Iraq won't soldier

thedrifter
08-13-07, 01:50 PM
from the August 13, 2007 edition <br />
When a US soldier in Iraq won't soldier <br />
What does the Army do with a private who can't be persuaded to load his gun? <br />
By Mary Wiltenburg | Correspondent of The...

DWG
08-13-07, 02:18 PM
For his 12-month tour, Aguayo refused to carry a loaded weapon. His medical duties didn't require one, but dangerous patrols in Saddam Hussein's hometown did. Out of consideration for his beliefs, superiors looked the other way as he hoisted an empty rifle.[quote]

This paragraph alone, would convince me this man is sincere. I have no love for COs (too many "posers"). But anyone who would refuse to defend themselves through a conviction to do no harm to anyone is a true CO. Plus a threat to other troops who might need that firepower. Army needs to let this guy go and lose the publicity! Psych should have weeded him out long ago! Silly doggies!

yellowwing
08-13-07, 04:48 PM
Part of the reason why we put our poolees through 13 weeks. I've only heard of one Marine go the Conscientious Objector route, after he did his tour in the sandbox.

Alphaonethree
08-23-07, 11:34 AM
Geee you think he would have thought about that before he joined the ARMY. Give me a brake, he just has not been given the proper amount of training. I remember at one point Washington was considering absorbing the Marine Corps into the Army. Maybe just Maybe Washington should look at the ARMY training and adjust accordingly and use the Marine Corps as a study guide. ARMY Strog,,,What is that, What does that mean. Ok Fine let him have the title of CO, No problem ( Deport him). You dont want to support and defend according to the oath, Then go back to where ever it is your family called home. Sorry for the lack of sympathy but I have a very low tolerance for cowards.

yellowwing
08-23-07, 11:40 AM
One afternoon our Drill Insturctors warned that two Army field grade officers will watch our training. It was in 3rd phase and all of us wanted to stand taller a do everything to a higher level of perfection to show off. Somehow someway, none of us frakked up that afternoon. :D

Alphaonethree
08-23-07, 11:40 AM
Ok not done yet. We have soldiers and Marines that are in the sand box giving there lives and absolutely know the risks they are taking as they perform there duties. All so this worm can disgrace himself and our U. S. Military? Poor little meak soft spoken *****. I would send his butt straight to the front to look for IED's. I would drag him through WRMC and let him tell thoes brave mangled Marines and Solidires that Geee I guess I just decided not to fight for our country anymore. He took the oath ! Fine go ahead and refuse. He would be making big rocks into little rocks for a very long time.

yanacek
08-23-07, 12:05 PM
Yeah, and Private Eddie Slovik was a sincere CO too. He was shot by the Army in 1944.

Alphaonethree: I'm really glad you asked about the meaning of "ARMY Strong." I don't get it either. I thought perhaps it was just me. Can anyone explain what exactly it means?

GunsUp
08-23-07, 12:10 PM
Again... This is what you get when people join the military for employment opportunities... <br />
This is America at War! Not putting America to Work... <br />
<br />
Let him go (General Discharge) but put a...