PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for MCT

JarDawg07
08-13-07, 01:38 PM
Hey all, I'm leaving for MCT in San Diego, CA tomorrow. I was wondering if any Marines had any advice about what to take or what not to take. Is MCT much different from Boot Camp? I would think it would be since everyone there is a Marine. Well I know i'm taking all my uniforms, skivvies, pt short, and skivy shirts and a couple change of civilian clothes. Any info on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks all and Semper Fi!

:flag:

JarDawg

davblay
08-13-07, 06:28 PM
Marine Combat Training (MCT)

Mission: The MCT mission is "To train all non-infantry Marines in the infantry skills essential to operating in a combat environment."
Marine Combat Training is a 22-day course in which entry level Marines are taught the common skills needed in combat. Marines who have MOS specialties other than Infantry learn the basics of Combat Marksmanship, Grenades, the M203 Grenade Launcher, AT-4 Rocket Launcher, M240G Medium Machine Gun, Improvised Explosive Devices, Defending a Position, Convoy Operations, Combat Formations, Fireteam Assaults, Patrolling, Military Operations on Urban Terrain (MOUT), Communicate with a PRC-119 (radio), Reporting Intel, and Land Navigation. Training also includes combat conditioning by running the Marine Corps Obstacle Course, conducting hikes, runs and Marine Corps Martial Arts training. Upon completion of Marine Combat Training, the Marine is to have gained the knowledge and ability to operate in a combat environment as a basic rifleman; and to perform his/her primary duties under fire.
--------------------------------------

Based on the above information, If I were you I'd take everything I was issued in BootCamp with me. Plus anything else you want to take.

jinelson
08-13-07, 07:46 PM
It doesent look like you will need more than that.

Jim
http://www.pendleton.usmc.mil/schools/soi/new/studentcheckin.htm

jackson07
08-13-07, 08:26 PM
Bring civies.. you will want them as soon as you get to your MOS school. Also a lot of people had ipods, laptops etc. Just remember... it is your loss if they get "misplaced". And a lot of stuff was lost at MCT.

Haffner
08-13-07, 10:41 PM
Bring a pair or two of civvies max. You won't be wearing them at MCT. I would NOT bring electronics. That ****'ll get ganked if you don't eyeball it like a hawk.

MCT has gotten soft even in the difference of a year since I've gone through it; you'll be fine. You won't do the real Ankle Breaker anymore, and you won't go up Mt. Mother****er, contrary to what ANY Marine tells you. Too many heat casualties.

Expect ALOT of downtime. The humps, even after the changes made of recent, are probably still harder than the ones at bootcamp, but still, it's freakin' walking. Shouldn't be a problem.

You'll get to play with some new toys; those are kind've fun.

Leave one day early, go to a Cash Sales/Uniform store and buy yourself 1 collapsible 2 quart & 2-3 regular canteens. Collapsible two quart for a comfortable pillow (haha, I love my sleep!) and regular canteens because the ones they'll issue you are nasty.

You're going to be treated better than bootcamp, per say, but not much. "Maroot" is the word. Marine recruit. Don't worry though, it's only three weeks.

Don't spend your money frivilously on mainside. It'll be the hottest **** you've seen in the Corps as of yet.

Make sure your whole platoon comes back from liberty with a damn haircut!

And most importantly...

stay motivated! You're a Marine! You may feel you're getting treated in a manner not befitting of a Marine. Well, you're right. But hey, it's only three weeks. MOS school will be better -- then to the fleet! Dear lord the fleet...been in MOS school a year and I finally hit the fleet in 2 weeks...thank God!

Good luck, Marine. Stay hard and dry.

SkilletsUSMC
08-14-07, 12:53 PM
MCT... gangway 4th phase:D

JimmyK
08-14-07, 01:13 PM
MCT... gangway 4th phase:D

Haha, truer words have never been spoken!

immaproshooter
08-19-07, 10:24 AM
as far as electronics goes...just wait till your at your MOS school and have your momma mail the **** to you...then you wont have to worry bout it gettin stolen..i dunno how the MCT side was but on the ITB side our **** was safely locked in our wall lockers...people had cell phones and just about everyone went out n bout Psp's...i didn't but hey whatever they wanna spend their money on.....with MCT you dont get the weekend libo like we did though....but i wouldn't recommend the electronics...jsut a pair or two of civies...and like previously mentioned you wont get the chanve to wear civies while in MCT.....but you'll want them at your school afterwards.. and you lucky bastards in MCT get camelbaks.....we only got canteens in ITB....but then again ya'll only got the m-16 a2's and we got the a4's with akog's attached and got alot of use with the pec-2's and the sim rounds as well....but anyways...have fun....i dunno what the west coast is like....but you should still have fun in training...and at least you are only there for 3 weeks not 2 months

Cash2053
08-19-07, 01:19 PM
Also take it easy on the MRE's.I remember gaining like 6 pounds while I was there.

SkilletsUSMC
08-19-07, 01:32 PM
but then again ya'll only got the m-16 a2's and we got the a4's with akog's attached and got alot of use with the pec-2's and the sim rounds as well....

Hey "pro shooter" Its ACOG as in Advanced Comabt Optical Gunsight and PEQ-2:D

immaproshooter
08-19-07, 04:14 PM
lol i never claimed to be the genious that knows how to spell it.....just enjoy using them