PDA

View Full Version : General puts reporter in her place !!!

marinegreen
08-13-07, 06:53 AM
Here's a great lil story I couldnt pass up on; Marine General was interviewed by a female reporter because the General was sponsoring Boy Scouts of Am. at his base.
Female reporter; Soooo General, what things are you going to teach these young boys who visit your base ?

General; We're going to teach them canoeing,climbing,archery,and shooting !

Fem. reporter; Shooting ! thats a bit irresponsible, isnt it ?

General; I dont see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

Fem reporter, Dont you admit that this is terribly dangerous activity to be teaching our young children ?

General;I dont see how.We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they touch a firearm.

Fem. reporter; But your equipping them to become violent killers.

General;Well ma'am, your're equiped to be a prostitute but you arent one, are you ?

The radio went silent and the interviw ended.You gotta love the Marines !!

The General which I'm referring about is General Reinwald !!
WAY TO GO GENERAL !:thumbup:

thedrifter
08-13-07, 07:03 AM
;) :thumbup:

Ellie

Robert Browell
08-13-07, 10:08 AM
Way to go,General!! Point well taken!:yes: :usmc:

Dave Coup
08-13-07, 10:10 AM
:d Outstanding!:d

rktect3j
08-13-07, 10:22 AM
Bwahaha. Now was it real? That would be great.

3077India
08-13-07, 11:31 AM
...Fem. reporter; But your equipping them to become violent killers.

General;Well ma'am, your're equiped to be a prostitute but you arent one, are you ?

The radio went silent and the interviw ended.You gotta love the Marines !!

The General which I'm referring about is General Reinwald !!
WAY TO GO GENERAL !:thumbup: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!:D God bless General Reinwald!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Palmer
08-13-07, 04:26 PM
People people people
lets start researching this stuff for a while.
I thought you might find the following article
from snopes.com interesting:

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.asp

SSgt Blue
08-13-07, 05:33 PM
Lmfao

3077India
08-13-07, 05:50 PM
People people people
lets start researching this stuff for a while.
I thought you might find the following article
from snopes.com interesting:

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.aspOh well, I knew it was too good to be true. :cry:

yellowwing
08-13-07, 06:19 PM
Its still one of those entertaining ones! :D Almost as good as the purported one of Rumsfeld dressing down Teddy Boy Kennedy (http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/kennedy.asp)!

Sgt Jim
08-13-07, 06:32 PM
ooooraahhh

crate78
08-14-07, 08:47 AM
This has been going around at for least five years that I know of.

It would be the best come-back of all time if it was for real, but, unfortunately, I don't think it is.

crate

Gary Hall
08-14-07, 11:18 PM
Real or not, I appreciate the story; well done. Gary Hall, W-3-1, 50-51.

Gary Hall
08-15-07, 10:15 AM
This story should become syndicated. I like it more and more as I click on the references and check them out. I rolled out of the rack this AM, hoping to catch some enlightenment or humor on C-SPAN. Sources of such are becomming more and more rare. But sure enough nothing I came across was fit to spend any time with. Nearly all of the programming could be characterized as being Pecksniffian, or worse. So I says to myself, let's see what the Marines are up to and sure enough, my day was made. I really like the story about the General and the female reporter, as I hope some of you might remember Maggie Higgins, with us in Korea. And boys, I mean it when I say she was with us.
As we moved out one morning, there was a USMC jeep parked in front (not in the rear) of our unit as we moved out, ready to get serious about our business that day. There was a Brigadier General driving the Jeep, parked with engine idling, as our unit went by. I passed by the Jeep on the passenger side and as I approached I saw that the passenger had beautiful long blonde hair, spilling out from under her helmet. She smiled as we nearly all spoke to her, it was Maggie Higgins. And she had been there, with us in the field long and often enough that we recognized her on sight, she needed no introductions. Thank you, Miss Higgins. This is a true story, with no embellishments.
I really like the story about the General and the female reporter. If the story is not true, it doesn't matter to me, as that's the way the encounter in real life should have been, or hopefully will be, in the future.
In my 76 years I have become appreciative of most things military, which can be described as being disciplined and worthy, in contrast to those things civilian, which in too many instances are undisciplined, unworthy and selfish.
Gary Hall, at Tyler, TX, once with W-3-1, 1950 - 51. Semper Fi.

marinegreen
08-15-07, 10:24 AM
This has been going around at for least five years that I know of.

It would be the best come-back of all time if it was for real, but, unfortunately, I don't think it is.

crate

Now why would you wanna sound negative on such a good story.

crate78
08-16-07, 08:15 AM
I stand corrected, the story has been around for eight years. <br />
<br />
According to Snopes, the story has been around since 1999, and in it's original form involved a U.S. Army Lieutenant General...

Scottyva
08-16-07, 07:00 PM
I was going to say that there is no better way to put a scribe in their place than by doing that.

However there probably is a lawyer thinking that he has hit the jackpot in the lawyer world.