PDA

View Full Version : Disqualified by army of all branches because of too many misdemeanors

Mr Neko Barnes
08-09-07, 07:53 PM
Hello Marines!........I'm 29 yrs old and I've apparently made one too many mistakes in my life, hence the reason for the army denying me admission:cry:. While surfing different military forums i see that the USMC allows two more misdemeanors than the other branches. Is this true because i very much want to get in to serve my country(and not for the bonuses like so many others are attempting to have at). I have passed the ASVAB with a 52 AFQT score and I now only need to take the physical. My past crimes are Assault & Battery(non domestic). Providing police with false identification(trying to conceal the fact i violated probation for the aforementioned crime) and 3 probation violations(basically everything i have is situated around the same crime:( . Well the army thinks its a bit too much but the Corps allows a couple more. Also would my age be able to be waived, considering i'm now going on 30 yrs old in October. I would appreciate all the input that anyone can garner....thanx

Mr Neko Barnes
08-09-07, 08:10 PM
Also my age was the reason for me trying to go with the army, if i wasnt such an idiot as a kid i would have chosen the MARINES, instead of wasting my life evading the law for a simple misdemeanor(smacks self upside the head)

sgt tony
08-10-07, 12:11 AM
Just go talk with the recruiter they will tell you

Sgt Leprechaun
08-11-07, 08:49 AM
Yep. See the Marine recruiter ASAP. The longer you delay, the longer it will take.

You might also want to apply to the courts to have your record expunged if that is possible. It will help you in the long run as well as with the Corps.

3077India
08-13-07, 07:02 PM
Also my age was the reason for me trying to go with the army, if i wasnt such an idiot as a kid i would have chosen the MARINES, instead of wasting my life evading the law for a simple misdemeanor(smacks self upside the head)29 yo is the max age the Marines allows for enlistment. Go now to your nearest Marine Recruiter!!!!!!