PDA

View Full Version : hi!

stephaniek
08-09-07, 02:24 PM
hi im ne on here and have a few questions. if there is anyone that would be able to help me out i would greatly appreciate it.
my husband is currently at SOI in n.c. and have heard rumors about they might have to go to 29 palms for more training after SOI. is this true? also does anyone know how to go about doing base housing and is it to late for us to look in to that? and also does anyone know when there spouse is aloud to go to there PDS? thanks so much for helping me out!

thedrifter
08-09-07, 02:27 PM
Talk To YOUR Marine...

He has the answers.....

Ellie

Marine84
08-09-07, 03:05 PM
I have never understood that Ms Ellie - seems like it WOULD be easier to ask their Marine.

Quinbo
08-09-07, 03:13 PM
Just like chow in the field, base housing allows pvts and PFC's head of the line privilages. The trick is to apply for base houseing to get the ball rolling. He wasn't fibbing when he said he will get more training in 29 palms.

DWG
08-09-07, 05:13 PM
I have never understood that Ms Ellie - seems like it WOULD be easier to ask their Marine.

Give her a break you salty old Jarhead; she's scared and lonely and looking to network with Marines or the Corps family. Damn, you're a mean one M84. Not everyone is as world wise as us old farts (I speak only for myself, I know you're still just a child at heart yourself ;) )

Marine84
08-09-07, 06:58 PM
Wasn't mean DWG - just curious was all. And I apologize to Stephanie if it came across to her that way - but, it still makes sense that you would ask questions about your husband's future travel plans of anybody other than your husband. If he doesn't know - how would we?

I'll go sit in the corner with my beer now.

sparkie
08-09-07, 07:35 PM
AH,,, to be young again.... Full of pi**, vinager,,, and doubts... Love to start over,,, wouldn't change a thing. What an adventure.

stephaniek
08-10-07, 06:37 AM
i had questions on my mind and my husband is in ther field. i was just thinking someone could help me a little since some of you might have been there, done that. but never mind. thanks for your time.

DWG
08-10-07, 07:33 AM
Wow, how do you feel now, M84? No beer for you!!:mad:
Do you feel like you just kicked a puppy to the curb?:cry:

But; isn't there a Marine Family Forum on this site someplace? If stephaniek ever returns, that might be the place for info. I bet the young Marines' First Sgt. would probably be the best place to start though. I was single in the Corps so I wouldn't have a clue (plus it was a hundred years ago)

stepaniek; good luck to you and your Marine!

stephaniek
08-10-07, 07:41 AM
thank you for YOUR help! i greatly appreciate it.
i will go to that forum and see if someone there might be able to help me. again thank you so much :)