PDA

View Full Version : Wrong War

thedrifter
03-24-03, 11:03 AM
Thu Mar 20, 7:10 AM ET <br />
Deborah Sharp USA TODAY <br />
<br />
MIAMI -- When Travis Clark joined the U.S. military at age 19, it seemed like a good way to travel and pay for college. It was 1996, the country was...

Super Dave
03-24-03, 11:41 AM
These idiots seem to forget what the job of the military is. The job is to go to war when ordered to do so. They just want a free ride and enjoy the benefits, but forget about what they are training for. If a member refuses to be deployed he should be court martial, jailed, forced to hard labor to pay back all the salary and benefits he enjoyed till the point he did not do his job. I think a dollar a day would be a good rate of pay for his hard labor.
But that's just this Marines thoughts about it.

USMC-FO
03-24-03, 11:46 AM
To bad that Clark is also a Marine....perhaps we should say marine. If I were his CO I would be looking to get him out ASAP with a BCD.

Good artical in general and points up that if if you raise your hand and take the oath you really pass on your right to determain what yoou can and can not do and say in many situations.

I also have a particular dislike for people like Clark who sign up to travel and pay for college and then bolt and run if things get sticky.

Sgt Sostand
03-24-03, 01:58 PM
Me and my Brother was talking about stuff just like that how people join the reservist to get a free ride but when it time to put out they dont want two they should line him up and shoot him no one force him to join the Marine reservist i guest wacthing the news and seeing what going on made him change his mind well budy kinda late for that they paid for your college!!! i just hope he dont call his self a Marine

criggleman
03-24-03, 07:40 PM
Just the yellow cowards they are, I have served my country and would do it in a heartbeat all they have to do is call. God bless those who serve our country with HONOR, DAMN the rest.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Phantom Blooper
03-24-03, 08:30 PM
NO ONE LIKES TO FIGHT WARS!! WE FIGHT TO KEEP OUR FREEDOM ,or HELP A COUNTRY HAVE FREEDOM and LIBERATION FROM TYRANNY!! He should be put with my nephew(puke) - POST SGT PAP's PLACE-(Family Deserters)as a human sheild for the 1st/2nd/3rd MAR DIV. A CO is looking for a free ride and free school they knew when they enlisted that when the sh*t started to flow that they would run in the other direction.Views change on a daily basis but not views that put Brother and Sister comrades of all services in harms way! These scumbags are NO different than John Walker Lind,war protesters,and Hollywoods Elites. I do believe in a Higher Power on a spiritual level but to use for religious reasons are p*ss poor excuses,if you feel that way stay home and start a church.....All Marines are Riflemen first,MOS second. Semper-Fi!! :marine:

wrbones
03-24-03, 08:54 PM
I wonder how many of the peace activists will keep the objectors in canteen money when the objectors go to prison?

Honor, courage, committment is missing all around.

MillRatUSMC
03-24-03, 09:20 PM
Someone should inform these cowards of their oath of enlistment.

In the Armed Forces EXCEPT the National Guard (Army or Air)
I, ___________________________________, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
In the National Guard (Army or Air)
I, _________________________________, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of ___________________________________ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of ________________________ and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.

They swore or afirmed that oath of enlistment on enlisting in the armed forces of the United States of America.

No one forced them to take that oath.

But like everything else, to some that oath don't mean a thing.

No one hates war more than the warriors because they see the insanity of it all.
But there times that you have to fight or live in fear the rest of your life.
The tread between being a hero or a coward is very thin.
If one chooses action that is cowardly, one will live with that for the rest of their natural life.
Cowardice in the face of the enemy was punished by firing squad.
But now we're too civil for that kind of punishment.
If we were to punish a few, others might get second thoughts of doing these cowardly things.
IMHO

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Santos
03-24-03, 11:43 PM
"When Travis Clark joined the U.S. military at age 19, it seemed like a good way to travel and pay for college. It was 1996, the country was at peace, and Clark signed on for an eight-year hitch. "

I find that this train of thought runs rampid in our young adults today. The young men and women today search for the quickest and easiest means of providing what they want. They take advantage of the very country which grants freedom and choice. It reflects poorly on us (the young adults) who will become leaders, military, and citizens of tomorrow. You join the military because you believe in freedom, our country and in her defense, NOT FOR A FREE RIDE! I am sicken and angered by Travis Clark's "change of heart" (drop him and the other idiots in Iraq and see how they feel about it afterwards.) Better yet have Mr. Clark explain his "change of heart" to the thousands who have been murdered, women who have been raped and the children who have been orphaned by the tyrant called Saddam. I assure you they will have no sympathy for him.
I am even more upset at the fact that this young man is a Marine (in title, not honor). Over the past year and a half I have come to learn Marines have enough pride, integrity, honor, brotherhood and love for their country for the entire military. It is a shame Clark does not have a single shred of the above virutes that make a true Marine. Thank God he is not a true representation of the Corps.

God Bless our Country and protect our soldiers and Marines!

firstsgtmike
03-25-03, 12:45 AM
During the Vietnam Era, there was a concientious objector religious group. Memory fails me. Amish? Mennonite? Witnesses? Adventists? Quakers? Mormons? I'm not sure.

They had a quasi-deal with the government. They held boot camps and training centers for their young men. They gave them a medical background and taught them to be Corpsmen.

Some enlisted. Most waited to be drafted. Upon entering service, they were assigned to the various Medical Corps.

They did good!

There is a BIG difference when people have the strength of their convictions, as opposed to those with no convictions, only self-serving excuses.

Art Petersn
03-25-03, 06:12 AM
Firstsgtmike

I agree with you about the right to protest but not supporting our people over there is another matter.

Try this site http://www.writingsbyskyangel.com/idiots/idiots.html
and see if you agree.

No terrorits in Florida but I kept my eyes opened.