PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner arrested after the burglar he confronted falls 30ft

jetdawgg
08-09-07, 08:53 AM
A homeowner was arrested after a burglar plunged from the balcony of his top-floor flat. <br />
<br />
<br />
The intruder suffered head injuries and is fighting for his life after falling around 30ft on to a...

DWG
08-09-07, 09:11 AM
Mr Walsh was later released on bail until November. If charged and convicted he could face a life sentence. ] <br />
<br />
This is so wrong on so many levels! Silly Brits shouldn't have allowed their guns to...

Chumley
08-09-07, 09:51 AM
How f****ng ridiculous it is when an intruder has rights while caught in the act!

I was taught that if you're gonna shoot someone, shoot to kill always. Otherwise, the shootee will be the first witness against you. Apparently the burglar here was treated too well. Had he been killed pre-"fall", police wouldn't be collecting his statement.

hrscowboy
08-09-07, 10:03 AM
Gentlemen let me remind you that there are some states that have no self defense law and its up to the district attorney to decide if you are charged or not..

DWG
08-09-07, 10:10 AM
As I recall something pretty similar happened in NYC a few years ago. Another reason I don't live there!

jetdawgg
08-09-07, 10:46 AM
This is a good reminder when you are in GB just let the crook do as he/she pleases. Any harm to them could land you in pokey!!!!:D

Covey_Rider
08-09-07, 10:50 AM
If some guy were to break into my house at night and I woke up to find him he'd get a failure drill. I don't see why there's even a case being brought up against the homeowner. All it is, is prosecutors trying to save face and make some money. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...or land on your feet from 30ft in the air lol.

killerinstinct
08-09-07, 10:55 AM
ya they just passed a law where you can use deadly force first and dont have to try to run away from an intruder..

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!

DWG
08-09-07, 11:21 AM
This is a good reminder when you are in GB just let the crook do as he/she pleases. Any harm to them could land you in pokey!!!!:D
And you have to validate their parking, too!:( Just as bad, almost, in the sunny old land of OZ (Australia).

DWG
08-09-07, 11:24 AM
ya they just passed a law where you can use deadly force first and dont have to try to run away from an intruder..

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!

Florida has had that for awhile too! :thumbup: The legislature gets something right every once in awhile; just so we don't vote them all out at once

jetdawgg
08-09-07, 11:24 AM
I can see it now over there:

Here is where we keep the good China, over there in that wall is the safe....:D

No that tv is too heavy, take the flat screen........

Chumley
08-09-07, 11:26 AM
I remember hearing a story ( years ago ) similar where a bear busted into a guys camp ( while the family was inside ) and so they shot it ( duh ) in self defense. Then they were charged with...

rktect3j
08-09-07, 11:27 AM
I can see it now over there:

Here is where we keep the good China, over there in that wall is the safe....:D

No that tv is too heavy, take the flat screen........
No that tv is too heavy, let me help you.

yellowwing
08-09-07, 11:34 AM
Commonwealth Laws are really screwy. Up here in Winnipeg Canada, two Constables are under investigation for wounding a knife wielding psycho. Meanwhile 3 crack'ho women are out on bail for killing an innocent bystander. :mad:

jetdawgg
08-09-07, 11:36 AM
No that tv is too heavy, let me help you.

True that. God forbid if the crook hurts his back lifting your tv while in the house illegally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chumley
08-09-07, 11:53 AM
Yeah, jetdawgg, next they will be suing because we sat and watched WITHOUT HELPING, and the poor bastard hurt his back and is now an out of work burglar.

DWG
08-09-07, 12:05 PM
By law, the bear should have been given a chance to surrender and been Mirandized! After a stern chastizing it would have been released back into the wild with a severe warning!:p

jetdawgg
08-09-07, 12:09 PM
ensure that you are in 'good hands' while they are in your pocket (while cleaning your house out).

Remind me please that when I grow up I want to be a crook!!!!!!

The pay is better, you work when you want and the benefits are readily available including some fringe ones.....

http://www.ingoodhands.com.au/images/InGoodHandsLogo.jpg

DWG
08-09-07, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately, there have been cases where someone has been hurt in the commission of a crime and have sued, and won, the home/business owner. The courts and legal system are awfully screwy at times. A good(?) lawyer can make the law do anything. There's a reason they call a Law Degree a "license to steal"!
However, a dead perp leaves your side the only side to tell!;)

"He attacked me with that banana, I didn't know it wasn't loaded! I was acting in defense of my life":banana:

Zulu 36
08-09-07, 01:28 PM
There was a very recent case of this thing. Except the father was a former Marine and he killed the bear by beating it death with a log because it was going after his kids. He was charged with not...

Zulu 36
08-09-07, 01:35 PM
Florida has had that for awhile too! :thumbup: The legislature gets something right every once in awhile; just so we don't vote them all out at once

Of course all of the anti-gun nuts screamed Florida would be littered with the shot bodies of poor criminals. There have been some killings, but not the avalanche the anti-gun crowd predicted.

BTW the Florida law does not limit self-defense killings to using guns only. Any self-defense violence, regardless of instrument, is OK. Essentially citizens have the same rights to self-defense and defense of others as police officers do. No more requirement to retreat from a threat (although sometimes that is the best option, even for cops).

Sometimes I like living in Florida a lot.

Chumley
08-09-07, 01:35 PM
My bro is a Gunny. Just told me last week how a couple years ago he was arrested on base. The neighbor's dog bit his youngest son - about 7 yrs old then. My bro got the dog off his son, then...

Camper51
08-09-07, 02:08 PM
Colorado has it's own &quot;Make my Day&quot; law in that a homeowner may use ANY force necessary to defend his home. You don't have to kill the intruder but it is allowed. Under the &quot;Make my Day&quot; law a...

DWG
08-09-07, 02:11 PM
Can you &quot;bait&quot; the field? i.e. a trail of crack cocaine or dollar bills leading into your house?:confused: It's not legal with wild game ,so I wasn't sure! :D

Camper51
08-09-07, 02:16 PM
Ha, ha ha ha ha, I would think not, sure would be nice to decrease the amount of scum walking around though...

DWG
08-09-07, 02:17 PM
Of course all of the anti-gun nuts screamed Florida would be littered with the shot bodies of poor criminals. There have been some killings, but not the avalanche the anti-gun crowd predicted.

BTW the Florida law does not limit self-defense killings to using guns only. Any self-defense violence, regardless of instrument, is OK. Essentially citizens have the same rights to self-defense and defense of others as police officers do. No more requirement to retreat from a threat (although sometimes that is the best option, even for cops).

Sometimes I like living in Florida a lot.

The anti-gunners yelled that crap when we passed the concealed weapons carry laws too. "Oh my God, it's going to turn into Dodge City, with gunfights on the streets". The only thing that changed was the bad guys started targeting rental cars because they KNEW that the tourists were very unlikely to be armed, whereas locals were most assuredly packing heat. :mad: They finally replaced rental tags with regular state tags to confuse the villians.

Chumley
08-09-07, 02:26 PM
Florida is sounding better and better. Must be that Jeb was the good one??

DWG
08-09-07, 02:29 PM
Florida is sounding better and better. Must be that Jeb was the good one??

He's the smart one! Ya notice he ain't running for prez!

jetdawgg
08-09-07, 02:31 PM
He's the smart one! Ya notice he ain't running for prez!

After Hillary.....

Scottyva
08-09-07, 03:16 PM
I remember once in Buffalo when a Perv climbed into a window and assaulted a 12 year old girl. When they took the jackass out of the house the father came home. He beat the hell out of the perv. (Cops stood by for a few then arrested him.) The Judge threw out the assault by saying Hell i would have done the same thing.

DWG
08-09-07, 03:32 PM
After Hillary.....

Doubt it, but ya never know. There are a pot load of nephews with Hispanic relatives; be awfully attractive, candidate wise, in a few years!

ggyoung
08-09-07, 03:38 PM
Here in Utah the saying is, "if the crook is inside your house be sure to kill him inside the house. A dead man can't talk."

jetdawgg
08-10-07, 08:43 AM
I wonder if the new British PM (lib) will pass a Crooks Bill Of Rights?:D

DWG
08-10-07, 09:07 AM
I wonder if the new British PM (lib) will pass a Crooks Bill Of Rights?:D

I believe they already have "The Disarmament of Peaceful and Law Abiding Citizens Act" and the "Non Defence of Home and Person Amendment".
Poor ol' Brits!
:(

jetdawgg
08-10-07, 09:13 AM
I believe they already have "The Disarmament of Peaceful and Law Abiding Citizens Act" and the "Non Defence of Home and Person Amendment".
Poor ol' Brits!
:(

The other sad part is that the homeowner is facing a life sentence for defending his house. Talk about you just can't win. He can't even get a draw....

DWG
08-10-07, 09:23 AM
The other sad part is that the homeowner is facing a life sentence for defending his house. Talk about you just can't win. He can't even get a draw....

His only hope is if they decide the perp committed suicide by "jumping" through the window! They will still probably find some way to screw the homeowner though. Some farmer got thrown in jail over there for shooting someone after they broke into his home on numerous occasions! No justice; too many laws!

jerryk
08-10-07, 09:24 AM
thank god for texas where i live i find someone in my house or my land they going to get hurt bad if i rember right from vietnam a 45 cal. slug makes a alful bad hole,some thing a person was not borned with

crate78
08-10-07, 09:36 AM
Seems to me the Brit would have been better off if he'd just let the guy lay, gone back to bed, and denied any knowledge of what happened. After all, some dork lying on the sidwalk with his head bashed in could have gotten that way a lot of different ways.

Reminds me of the time a buddy of mine and I caught another Marine swiping some loose change in the barracks. We took him in front of the Colonel, who dealt with the guy severely and appropriately.

The Colonel then turned to my buddy and I and said, "And if you two ever bring another man in front of me under similar circumstances, I expect to see some blood soaked bandages on him. I can't help it if he tripped over a locker box on the way over here".

crate

jetdawgg
08-10-07, 09:47 AM
Now you can see why the British Marines just gave up to the Iranians in March...They no longer have any real will to stop idiots

jetdawgg
08-10-07, 10:05 AM
Let's see here, in a weeks time we have had a British Woman chomp off a guys testicles she gets two years and does not consider herself violent.

A home owner is facing life cause he protected his house from a burgular. You do the math here....

DWG
08-10-07, 10:17 AM
Let's see here, in a weeks time we have had a British Woman chomp off a guys testicles she gets two years and does not consider herself violent.

A home owner is facing life cause he protected his house from a burgular. You do the math here....

Homeowners should bite the testicles off of burglars?:nerd: Seems complicated! Just get a flying Russian croc to chase them down(and bite off their testicles).

Did she bite them off or tear them off and try to swallow them?

jetdawgg
08-10-07, 10:27 AM
Homeowners should bite the testicles off of burglars?:nerd: Seems complicated! Just get a flying Russian croc to chase them down(and bite off their testicles).

Did she bite them off or tear them off and try to swallow them?

She spit them out:D I don't think that she is a 'choker'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi<WBR>/4253849.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4253849.stm)

sparkie
08-10-07, 10:36 AM
Which thread am I on again? Kremlin super croc bites british burgaler balls?

DWG
08-10-07, 10:37 AM

YES!!!

jetdawgg
08-10-07, 10:39 AM

:D :D

Sgt Leprechaun
08-11-07, 08:34 AM
This is what happens when you let the nanny state dictate to you what you may, and may not do inside your own home. The brits have been sliding this way for years, and it's not the first case, nor...