PDA

View Full Version : Ambushed 507th Supply Column

yellowwing
03-24-03, 10:55 AM
Is anyone else wondering why the CO of that ambushed 507th column left the rest of his men? I don't know if the news was correct in reporting that he drove through the firefight to safety.

It took a Marine patrol to rescue the 4 survivors that were not already killed or captured. I hope there is an investigation to find out what really happened.

Didn't us Native Americans teach them troopers how to circle the wagons?

ivalis
03-24-03, 04:44 PM
i've read/heard that the column took a wrong turn. so much for the hi-tech GPS stuff.

wrbones
03-24-03, 04:49 PM
One of my brothers did maintenance on vehicles fer a patriot unit when he was in. He tells several stories of soldiers, including himself, who got lost at the end of one of their convoys. He did basically the same thing those folks did who got took prisoner of war.

He's told several stories of soldiers in convoys gettin' lost on their own base during maneuvers!

Fox 2/23
03-24-03, 05:34 PM
I was in Korea in 1985 and drove an M151 in a convoy for several hours one day. I had no map and no frigging idea where I was headed other than I was following the vehicle ahead of me.

ivalis
03-24-03, 07:21 PM
i did mess duty in the wrong mess hall for a week, talk bout being lost, uf da

leroy8541
03-24-03, 07:27 PM
Spent the night in Mehingue swamp on camp Sherman in Panama I was terrified.

greybeard
03-25-03, 01:01 AM
If you've ever been in a desert, it's easy to get lost. Not much to orient on.
OTOH, at my age, I get lost coming home sometimes. My better half doesn't by it tho.

firstsgtmike
03-25-03, 02:07 AM
greybeard,

Your wife doesn't buy your coming home after being lost.

Try this one;

He woke up one morning, had a hell of a hangover. Noticed a change of clothes ready for him at the bedside, a thermos of coffee, a glass of water and two aspirin on the nightstand. A note said, "Honey, I had to go shopping, your breakfast is in the warmer in the kitchen. Be back soon. I love you."

While eating his breakfast in a spic and span kitchen, his son came in. He asked his son what the hell was going on, why this "special" treatment.

"Well dad, you stumbled home at 3 this morning, drunk as a skunk. You knocked over a vase and a lamp before you puked on the living room floor. Mom and I struggled to get you upstairs and to bed. Once in bed, we struggled to get you undressed. When mom tried to take off your trousers, you fought and said "No, go away, I'M MARRIED". Then you passed out.

I guess that's why."
---------------------------

And the old man smiled to himself and thought, "Son of a *****, It Worked."