PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed...

Barrio_rat
03-24-03, 10:03 AM
Here recently there was the unfortunate event where a Patriot Missile took out an RAF fighter. Both the Americans and the British took their time in getting all the facts straight before much else was stated or confirmed. Then, once it was confirmed it was given in a matter-of-fact way describing what was believed to have taken place and the possible reasons that this accicent happened. Of course, there is an official investigation. The part that got me is, the UK is not 'up in arms' about this. They seem to know it's a tragedy but that it was unintentional. Compare this with how the Canadians reacted to a 'friendly fire' incident in Afghanistan. Guess the UK has been doing war for so long and so well that they understand some of the problems that come with it. Maybe the Canadians could learn something from this.

yellowwing
03-24-03, 10:22 AM
The investigation in the friendly fire incident in Afghanistan revealed that the Canadian unit were not properly equiped.

We could not afford the proper 'friend or foe' transponder communications to be issued to frontline units. Heck, we could not afford the proper uniforms. Some Canadian soldiers actually used beige spray paint on their woodland cammies. Rather than admit this embarrassment, the CDN government raised a stink.

Another sad part is that the day after the US Administration petitioned Canada to join the war coalition, they announced judicial proceedings against the F-16 pilots. The old political carrot routine.

I am glad they finally let the pilots of the hook. Personally, why do you think I went south and joined the US Marines?

Semper Fi!

criggleman
03-24-03, 07:44 PM
Glad to have you as a BROTHER Yellowwing.

Semper Fi

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"