PDA

View Full Version : Questions about MCT?

JarDawg07
08-08-07, 02:27 PM
Hey all! New Marine here, just graduated this past friday MCRD San Diego Golf Co. I was just wondering besides all uniforms and orders what else would i need to take? I know we have on base libo on sundays so a couple of change of civi's would probably work. Anyone who can shed some helpful advive on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Semper Fi

:flag:

JarDawg

killerinstinct
08-08-07, 04:23 PM
ya id take a pair of civies but they will be in your sea bag locked up in the quanset huts or i think MCT is in squadbays now either way, in MCT you are in the field the whole time you dont get weekends off like SOI.. But you leave directly from MCT to your school so your civies will come in handy when you arrive at your MOS school.

JimmyK
08-08-07, 04:47 PM
Take everything you left bootcamp with, theres a reason why its standard issue gear.

Your supposed to get libo on Sundays and when I went through we did but when I was at my schoolhouse some guys who went through after me said they didnt get it. They may have been lying or there platoon may have been total ****bags. If they told you at the SOI brief during bootcamp that they have libo on Sundays, then youll probably have it.

As far as civies go, when I went I wore a set of civvies on the plane and changed into my Alphas at the airport. I didnt touch them till the day we graduated from MCT and then had to take a plane ride across the country to my MOS school. Oh yeah, your Sunday libo will be in cammi's.