PDA

View Full Version : piercings

SlingerDun
08-08-07, 12:59 AM
When i was active the topic never surfaced because no male Marines had them and i never got many close looks at WM's on sea duty or in the gruntshttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

In the movie "A Few Good Men" (1992) upon close inspection (in HD) while Keifer Sutherland is on the witness stand you can see a couple extra holes punched in his ear. That was the first i had seen and he wasn't a real Marine so i figured it went unnoticed by the makeup hands and i dismissed it. But here in the multi-culti-neo-cool-alterna city of Portland, piercings and G-note tattoos on teens and twenty somethings are as common as hang ten gear and mirror shades in the 70's. The bigger holes you can see the sun pokin through are not as popular but i see a few everyday even out towards the farms where i work. So what do the recruiters say about piercings in general.

--->Dave

davblay
08-08-07, 01:06 AM
When i was a recruiter in the 80's I dealt with that every day. In those days they were told that they couldn't wear ear rings while in uniform. Of course they couldn't wear them in Training either. I would assume that has not changed.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-08-07, 07:51 AM
When I was in males were not allowed to have piercings of any kind. If they had them before they enlisted then they would grow closed. The large holes weren't popular then though, so I don't know how that would be handled.

For what it is worth, body piercings were not allowed on anyone. We had a WM with a belly button ring that she managed to get away with by taking it out before PT.