PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's fiancee just left - I need help!

lsprowls
08-07-07, 07:08 PM
Hello, first I should say I have found this website to be a big help with all my questions.

Now I need more help from those who have been through a lot.

My daughter's fiancee just left for boot camp yesterday. Unlike most good byes, not that they are easy any way, but this was especially hard. His mother the bleep bleep bleep, totally disregarded my daughter and us while we were there. She would make rude comments to my daughter or give horrible looks whenever her son turned his back. She didn't even say hello to us when she walked in. He was unable to hug or console my daughter because his mother informed him that it disgusted her whenever he did. She out loud got upset because he handed my daughter his sweatshirt to hold on to while he was gone. She became so upset we had to walk her outside. Or I should say my husband was so upset that instead of making a scene - not the time or place - he needed to walk outside. Anyway, she has been in bed non stop crying since yesterday. I have tried to prepare her but she felt she could handle it. Now she is unable to and realizes it.

I need to know what to do, say, suggest etc. I feel like crying every time I see her or hear her on the phone crying but know I have to be strong. I suggested she look into support groups. We are in Ohio so I don't know if anyone out there can help or not. I also told her to see if she can get involved in the Marines to be around others. She has done some looking on line and I have been reading as much as I can too. I explained to her this isn't the first and won't be the last time this will happen. I need help on how to help her get through it. Yes I know - be there for her. I am, I need more.