PDA

View Full Version : Orders to Go to 2nd Recon BN

WJason777
08-07-07, 12:36 AM
Hi
Its been awhile sense me last post but anyway I was in com school one day 2 Marines from recon and asked all the marines that was graduating in Aug. that they need 15 Marines that has heart that will go with them to Iraq in Oct. me and like 11 other Marines was the only ones to rasie there hands so they took are info and said that are orders will be changed to recon. So i complete 0621 school on 8-8-07 from there i go home untile Aug 17 from there i have to report to 2nd Recon Bn Camp Leujune, I was just wondering what should i expect when i get there? What are things going to be like? Will i ever have any time off like weekends? How is the training going to be?

rvillac2
08-07-07, 01:07 AM
Congratulations. Sounds like you'll be OJT with some of our finest. You'll probably be spending a lot of time training up with the unit until close to deployment. I would expect some long days and nights.

Don't expect to be kicking down doors. However, you'll probably have the equally critical job of serving as their 911 operator. When things get hairy, they'll need you to make sure they have contact with support.

Pay attention and get good at your job real quick.

Congratulations on your graduation and good luck.

WJason777
08-07-07, 02:34 AM
Will be considered a Recon marine? What about earnering my wings?

thewookie
08-07-07, 07:32 AM

I think you're going to be a Marine in a Recon unit. How that gets further defined is hard to tell right now. Someone in Recon should have a better answer for that question based on the culture of the unit. I also think that being in Recon, if you're a good Marine then jump school will probably come your way. But you can be sure that they're going to try and get all the operator's jump qualed first. Do your job well, and listen to those around you and oppurtunities will find you. Good job Marine, some say raising your hand in the Corps is a bad move, but I say it opens doors!

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-07-07, 09:08 AM
Go show that you have what it takes during your time with 2nd recon, and you'll probably earn your way into the club without going through indoc, etc. Since they're looking for bodies I highly doubt that you have the time to get through the training pipeline and get to BRC, jump, and scuba school. But, when you get back from deployment there will be plenty of time. If you've shown what you have to be Ricky Recon, you'll be dual cool before you know it.

rvillac2
08-07-07, 10:12 AM
Jason, keep you eyes open and mouth shut. Don't go bragging about not going through indoc or yelling 'recon' at every opportunity. You'll have to earn your way into the club and that will take superior job performance.

I read on another post that even those that passed indoc won't be heading to the other schools until after a deployment. You're likely to have some fellow boots (but they probably passed the indoc, so again, keep your mouth shut).

Do well in your job and I'm sure all your dreams will come true. Don't blow this gift of an opportunity!

rvillac2
08-07-07, 10:14 AM

Technically, no. That is a specific MOS granted after the recon school.

yellowwing
08-07-07, 10:24 AM
Outstanding Jason! It only seems a fews ago that you were asking about ASVABS, MEPS and Boot Camp.

jinelson
08-07-07, 10:42 AM
Get some hardcore OORAH!!!

Jim

JimmyK
08-07-07, 01:04 PM
Not to ruin your 15 of fame man, but, seriously, you REALLY need to work on your grammar and spelling. It took me 10 mins to decipher your post. We always give the poolees a hard time about using propper grammar and punctuation etc. Lead by example, Devil Dog!

Anyways congrats on being selected to go with Recon. Make the most of the opportunity and have fun! Good luck bro.:flag:

WJason777
08-07-07, 02:34 PM
Outstanding Jason! It only seems a fews ago that you were asking about ASVABS, MEPS and Boot Camp.

Yeah i remember those days also, lol. Thanks everyone.

Quinbo
08-08-07, 02:45 PM
Even the corpsman attached to recon become dual cool and get some awesome training. Train hard. It will come.