PDA

View Full Version : Tanks

docileurxtasy
08-06-07, 01:01 PM
I'm interested in tanks, would anyone have any information about? Are thier bases overseas that has tankers? Would i primilary be able to to drive an m1a? etc... :beer:

davblay
08-06-07, 03:26 PM
The M1 ABRAMS is the United States' main battle tank, so if you get involved with Armor you will be working with those. In my day I stated out with the M48, then changed to the M60. Nothing like the feel of driving or riding on one of those BIG BOYS! Gets in your blood, I guess.

The school used to be at Fort Knox Kentucy, I don't think that has changed. There they teach everything you need to know about Tanks and tank warfare!

Marine84
08-06-07, 09:06 PM
I hear they're loud too.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-07-07, 09:18 AM
Big Metal Target.
Hot.
Loud.
Big Metal Target.

Tankers have my utmost respect, I've been in them to help them with some comm issues, not my idea of a fun time. Every single person on the battle field knows where you are. And every one of them that isn't on your team wants you dead.

ggyoung
08-07-07, 10:10 AM
Saw a M-48 take a hit from a 57mm R.R. Not much left on the inside of the tank. No thank you.

Old Marine
08-07-07, 01:55 PM
The old M50's used to throw final drives and the shrapnel bounced all over inside the tank. No. Thanks.

davblay
08-07-07, 03:13 PM
Its easy for the Infantry, Commo, MPs, and such to bad mouth the Armor branch, but they have never been assigned to that duty. Besides, who do you call when you need mobile artillery, close range support? Armor---The TANKS! You never see Tanks rolling behind Infantry for cover, do you?

Personally, I'd take the armor plating for cover anyday over a hole in the ground!

But that's only my opinion!

sparkie
08-07-07, 05:59 PM
Used to play with M48s at Pendleton,, Lotsa fun. Loved shootin the big gun. But I was only fixin their comms, so shootin was a favor. Turned a tank comm helmet into a home sterio headset once at my apartment in O'side. Sounded great. Abrams still have plug in comm jacks outside in the back? The 48 did, to plug in a phone and talk to the crew chief.