PDA

View Full Version : Wake up call

10thzodiac
08-06-07, 09:47 AM
The last time I fired the M-14 in 1965 I shot Expert (225), I was 22 years old.

The last time I shot trap years ago I couldn't miss.

The other day my son took his almost 65 year old father out shooting sporting clays and I quit after the first ten shots.

What was funny, I said pull and nothing happened, WTF ! I turned to my son and said, "I said pull"! He had a big grin on his face. :D

Getting old. :(

In all fairness to me, my son had gone out with his H.S. Marine buddy and his Marine father the week before who shoot all the time (gun nuts). His buddy got 60 out of a 100 and his dad 40.

Yes, earlier I couldn't even see the birds when my son pulled... I can't shoot what I don't see !

I quit running too, I still can and do a 3-5 mile walk each day. I guess that's better than being a dead shot ?

JinxJr
08-06-07, 10:38 AM
Well, it means you're still getting up in the morning and can see the sunshine...beats the heck out of the alternatives don't it ? :thumbup:

DWG
08-06-07, 10:45 AM
Just keep checking the obits each morning. If you don't see your name you're good to go for another 24!
:D :thumbup:

At least you can still WALK away from trouble; hell I'm too old to fight, too fat and lazy to run; that's why I am a big believer in trench guns! You don't have to see 'em with one of those!!!!!

10thzodiac
08-06-07, 12:06 PM
A couple years ago I busted out my garage floor, sidewalks and two cement porches with a #90 jack-hammer. One of my Mexican neighbors said I was working to hard and making them look bad.

Well, I outlived my dad he was only forty and he out lived his dad.

I have a big bet with the insurance companies, I say I'm going to drop before 79 (term) and they are betting 2/3M I'm not. I hope they loose. My wife says I can take it with me, she said she'll give me a check :thumbup: