PDA

View Full Version : Hard Times (Brother Down)

Barndog
03-24-03, 05:01 AM
Just when ya thought it was bad enough......

I was sitting home lasdt nite around 2130, reading the paper (not in the mornings, Bones) - when I got a call from my Bro Todd Ververra's wife. Todd's wife Jamie - works with my wife.. (We found out last fall that Jamie has Lupus, and we are dealing with that also). I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is in the same family of autoimmune diseases.

Corporal (1984-1990) Todd Vererras - one of my closest Bros, shoveling snow a couple weels ago at the VFW National Home in Eaton Rapids, Michigan (where he works - the ONLY Vet who works there) - stepped on a curb and tweeked his knee.
His knee issue, turned out to be a blood clot in his knee - which according to his wife - could have killed him. He is confined to bed in Ingham Medical Center, here in Lansing, Michigan -
Rm # 432.

The Doc's have him on Heperin - a blood thinner, in effort to clear the clot. After I get my 'normal sh!t done today dealing with my clients, I will be going to see my Brother. He stated that he want's the 1/9 'high and tight'. I'll have the clippers in the truck.

If any of you would care to give him a shout - his direct line is:
517-367-5432.
I'd appreciate it, and I'm sure he could use the motivation.

Semper Fidelis, To the Corps

Tony 'Barndog' Barnhart
USMC 1978-1984
MI ARNG 1984-1992

firstsgtmike
03-24-03, 05:27 AM
Barndog.

Tell him a vet from Hq 9th '71-'72 wishes him the best. I'm bald on top, but the sides are still high and tight.

Semper Fi

SSGT Hinson
03-24-03, 05:40 AM
Let him know a vet from 1st Force Recon SS '88-99. wishes him well.