PDA

View Full Version : shin splints

88stallion
08-03-07, 02:26 AM
Hey what's up. I leave for boot camp Aug 6 and i just found this web site. I ran track all four years of high school (100yd and 200yd) and I had a bad problem with shin splints, but I was always able to wrap my shins with athletic tape. Will that be available at boot camp? Did any one have this problem while at boot camp? I would also get really bad blisters. Any advise? thanx

bigdog43701
08-03-07, 06:13 AM
son...shin splints are caused by weak muscles on the shin...over time they become over stressed and thus you develope shin splints. a very effective remedy is to take a small weight and attach it ti you toes and sit on an object that is high enough that the weight hangs without touching the ground. then simply pull your toes up and down concentrating on working this small muscle group. in a very short time you will notice a positive improvement.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-03-07, 07:25 AM
You will not be able to wrap your legs. Do what bigdog said as well as stretching by putting your toes on a curb and letting your heels hang off so that your heel is several inches lower than your toes.

Blisters are a bad thing in the Marine Corps. Humps can kill your feet- if you are prone to blisters you're going to have to learn to get through a hump while dealing with them. They will stop and have a corpsman look at your feet, and they will be treated with mole skin and the like. If they are bad enough there is a medical procedure that can be done to toughen the skin around the blister- but the fires of hell would be less painful.

88stallion
08-03-07, 11:28 AM
good advice..thanx

JCam0331
08-04-07, 05:51 PM
I don't mean to be a jerk...but you're really just gonna have to tough it uot for 13 weeks.

it sucks, and you can go to medical, but don't go too often ebcause you don't want to spend more time at cursed MCRD than you have to.