PDA

View Full Version : The automated phone maze and American business

10thzodiac
08-02-07, 01:20 PM
WTF,

After I talked to a automated phone system maze of Home Depot to complain about a garage door installation, I'm connected to a dot-head in India.

Do they even have garage doors in India ?

Incidentally, the Better Business Bureau, Atlanta was able to get me a $400 refund (gift card) because of all the grief their 1st sub-contractor caused me e.g. replace the garage door twice, wrong spring, etc. The third crew from a different sub-contractor recommended by the Door Manufacturer squared away my biggest complaints.

Presently, I just got through the automated telephone maze of talking to a Master Card representative and you guessed it ! I was talking to someone that sounded like they were talking English but wasn't, another Indian. I asked for an American representative !

Recently I emailed Menard's Headquarters and complained that I have refused two specially made doors twice now because of defects and/or handling/shipping abuse. Headquarters contacted the store manager who reordered the door with special instructions to be more careful. They are now re-making not the third door, but the fourth for me.

A relative recently called me for advice/help about a broken garage door spring. I went on-line and found out the going price is $200-250 installed and that there's very little material cost difference between getting a 10,000 cycle spring and 50,000 cycle spring. Why he settled for the 10,000 cycle spring is anyones guess ?

I'm presently suing a asphalt paving company; he does the village streets but apparently was negligent when it came to workmanship for me. Already his insurance company has settled with me for damaging my property to the tune of $1900.

When I was in the service business, I did my best to do it right the first time for I wouldn't have to hear the grief, go back or get sued.

Maybe when I'm at the VA today at 4PM getting my noggin MRI 'ed again they can tell me if it's just me...:D

10thzodiac
08-02-07, 06:50 PM
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1.5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 1.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1.5pt; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 1.5pt" width="100%">This is what they told me:

For centuries, Hindu women have worn a dot on their foreheads. Most have naively thought this was connected with marriage or religion, but the Indian Embassy in Washington , D.C. has told me the true story.

When a Hindu woman gets married, she brings a dowry into the union. On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see whether he has won a taxi cab, a convenience store, a gas station, a donut shop or a motel in the United States .

If nothing is there, he must take a job in India answering telephones giving technical advice.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>