PDA

View Full Version : College after bootcamp

nofx
07-31-07, 10:59 AM
Is there still a program that sends you to bootcamp first and then lets you finish college before you go on active duty? If I remember right, I think it might have been an officer program.

Worsham
07-31-07, 01:54 PM
That's all I am going to give you. There have been enough threads ont he topic. Do the legwork!

JCam0331
08-04-07, 05:53 PM
Is there still a program that sends you to bootcamp first and then lets you finish college before you go on active duty? If I remember right, I think it might have been an officer program.

92 day reservist program sends you to boot camp your first summer, MCT/ITB and MOS school your next summer and in between you drill with your reserve unit.

Its got nothing to do with active duty.

phantomphixer
08-09-07, 08:17 PM
Remember boot camp, ITB, basic school, MOS school and MCI correspondence courses will all transfer to college credit.

Dealt a lot with MP Reserve Unit Lexington KY. EKU offered a good Law Enforcement curriculum. The Reserve Marines entered college after their school in TX. they had 16 Credit hours, if my memory serves me well.

That was credit they didn't have to use their money to pay for. When I was on recruiting duty, in the state of KY. if you were pulled over by a KSP you had a 7 out of 10 chance he was former military and a 4 of 10 chance he had been a Marine.

Saved me a lot of carpet time in front of the Maj. I had seven counties and two time zones.

Had trooper clock me at above posted speed limit. He blue lighted me. I pulled over and he walked up to the car and said, Dang, Sarge, I saw the white cover in the rear window and thought I had me a Navy recruiter. Walked back to his cruiser and drove away.

killerinstinct
08-10-07, 08:08 AM

theres one MECEP program is an officer one. and at least you will be active duty..

I know you'll hear reservists say it's the same but every Marine should be active duty at least first and then reserves you get a feel for it more than showing up like a bible retreat except when they are activated.