PDA

View Full Version : A specific MOS

jells08
07-27-07, 05:00 AM
OK im kind of confused here. I went to MEPS and did all that jaz and I got Aviation Mechanic signed the papers swore in all the mumbojumbo, but when do i pick a specific MOS did i miss something. How come it dosnt say anything about my MOS on my contract that MEPS gave me. (tells my ship date and stuff, im sure you know what im talking about) Any help would be much appreciated.

Covey_Rider
07-27-07, 05:20 AM
Your DEP contract has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Right before you ship out you'll sign all new contracts, swear in again and do everything over again. The DEP contract is just there so that you can secure your shipdate and an MOS. There's nothing that binds you into the Corps though. Don't worry about it.

jells08
07-27-07, 05:24 AM
So I won't pick a specific job in Aviation Mechanics untill I am about to ship?

Marine84
07-27-07, 07:42 AM
So I won't pick a specific job in Aviation Mechanics untill I am about to ship?

You've already "picked" your MOS - the specific "job" you get depends on the need of the Corps! You have a whole lot of training to go through BEFORE you even land in your "job".

SgtHMH
07-27-07, 12:47 PM
The Wing- there is Hydrolics, Metal Shop, Electonics, Engines, Flight Line, Ordance, Plane Captain, Crew Chief, Flight Equipment, Tool Shop, Paint Shop, Yellow Sheet Paper Work, Radio. There is alot to learn and differant MOSs in the Wing that you could end up with.

Swing with the Wing

Semper Fi