View Full Version : Attack on The 101

Sgt Sostand
03-22-03, 04:39 PM
6 to 8 people hurt

thedrifter
03-22-03, 05:30 PM
Attack Injures U.S. Troops in Kuwait
5 minutes ago

KUWAIT CITY - A rear base camp of the 101st Airborne Division was attacked early Sunday with a grenade and small arms fire and there appear to be casualties, a U.S. military official said.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the incident occurred at Camp Pennsylvania in Kuwait near the Iraqi border.

The official did not identify the unit of the 101st that was in the camp but added that it had been in Kuwait for about one week.

Most of the division has entered southern Iraq......

He said 10 people were wounded, six seriously.

Sempers,

Roger

SheWolf
03-22-03, 06:36 PM
they need to get that camp up and moving,,,,

virwar
03-22-03, 08:12 PM
Now TV reports are saying they were fragged. If that's the case, that's sad. You are in a war and you're killing your own buddies on purpose?. ( Shaking my head ) BS just plain ole BS. God Bless ALL those troops. Semper Fi Dave

SheWolf
03-22-03, 08:13 PM
Now it's being reported that it was an American soldier who threw the grenade(s) into the tent,,

mrbsox
03-22-03, 08:15 PM
Quick up-date...

Watching MSNBC, they have reported that 13 are injured, but none are life threatening. Thanks to teh powers that be for that.

On the down side, they also reported a 101st soldier in custody for the attack. What they said was that the soldier in custody had disappeared earlier (after having received live ammo). No accusations yet, but reports are that security in the area was pretty tight.

Personal note:
I have hoped (and Prayed) for some time now, that the Military has not been infiltrated, and individuals waiting for the opportune time to strike from the 'inside'.
Parachute riggings cut, bomb threats, now this. I hope he was just a chicken sh!t SOB. But if that's the case, you do yourself in, NOT your comrads in arms.

Gods Speed to our folks in harms way.

Terry

Sgt Sostand
03-22-03, 08:18 PM
On the down side, they also reported a 101st soldier in custody for the attack you gota be sh***** me man they should fry his a** if its true

mollymarine
03-23-03, 12:41 AM
No one has confirmed that he was a Muslim, they said the investigation is still going. Some reports said he was unstable he had gotten into some trouble and was left behind which might have been the reaosn for his anger they said for being left behind. Which, is BS for him to kill his friends because he was left behind. I think the guy is mental.