PDA

View Full Version : The Lance Corporal Underground

captainloozer
07-26-07, 10:43 AM
Sorry Devils, I'm kind of new here and I couldn't find a sort of "Junior Marine" area or anything so I'm posting here.

My fellow Lance Corporals and I have come up with a community site for Junior marines. The site is open to family and friends as well as other higher ranking marines, but mainly focuses on making a place for us as junior marines. The running joke is that the LCpl Underground is our online way of bringing our local "Lance Corporal Networks" together. Please join us.

Our unit is deploying to Iraq within the next couple of months so we'd like a way to keep in touch with all of our friends from there via community website without resorting to MySpace or something so this is what we came up with, we hope you enjoy it.

http://e3.thelcplunderground.com

captainloozer
07-26-07, 11:33 AM
Ooops, I just found the personal website section... Sorry :(

EDIT: As I was, it seems I do not have sufficient rights to post in that area, carry on.

Deduke
07-26-07, 07:52 PM
The first thing you need to learn as a Lance Criminal is this : Forgivness is easier than permission. Carry on.

L/Cpl Deduke

Dave Coup
07-26-07, 11:31 PM
Welcome Aboard Josh

SF

Dave

jetdoc
07-27-07, 09:25 AM
Josh, maybe I'm looking at it wrong but you are the same as me, a Marine. We have Officers, SgtMaj's, Pvts and every rank in between that post anywhere on this forum, we've earned the right. The only ones that are somewhat restricted are the Poolee's, who in time, perhaps will earn the right by earning the title Marine. I spend more time with the Poolee's to be honest with ya..just trying to help the younger ones out, if I can.

Post away.

jetdoc
07-27-07, 09:32 AM
Josh, more power to you if you get your own section for the more junior enlisted...I will be there bugging you guys..you can't escape the doc brother, s/f.

captainloozer
07-27-07, 09:34 AM
I understand. I just didn't know if there were areas that were exclusive to any sort of time in service. Thanks for clearing this up for me, I won't feel like im intruding on anyone's space.

captainloozer
07-27-07, 09:36 AM
Josh, more power to you if you get your own section for the more junior enlisted...I will be there bugging you guys..you can't escape the doc brother, s/f.

Lol, I hear ya. Our site welcome's anyone, we actually encourage higher ranks because there, like here, we don't address pay grades. I believe Marines should have somewhere to go to cut loose and not have to worry about fraternization limits. I mean, its the internet, cmon.

DWG
07-27-07, 09:38 AM
Lol, I hear ya. Our site welcome's anyone, we actually encourage higher ranks because there, like here, we don't address pay grades. I believe Marines should have somewhere to go to cut loose and not have to worry about fraternization limits. I mean, its the internet, cmon.

Then don't use your real name (at least as long as your are active!):scared:

thedrifter
07-27-07, 09:39 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Ellie

jetdoc
07-27-07, 10:05 AM
I admit I'm a big one for using someones real name in their profile. I use some discretion however. I would expect if someone wanted to be called "Gunny Jones" and not "Harry" then they would tell me...so far this hasn't happened.

The poolees seem to ALWAYS respect the rank structure and use it accordingly.

captainloozer
07-27-07, 10:31 AM
I agree. It was weird at first for somone to call me Josh, but as far as I'm concerned, I can't stand at parade rest while talking to someone on the internet.. well I could but it would just be plain stupid. Why not be personal? And like you said, if they had a problem with it I'm sure they'd let you know.

jetdoc
07-27-07, 11:58 AM
And to be honest Josh, I would respect any request to use rank by anyone, Private or Lt.Col...no problem.

jpal3451
07-29-07, 05:37 PM
Lance Coolie in a few months here :-)