PDA

View Full Version : Help A worthy Warrior

jinelson
07-26-07, 07:37 AM
As promised we have come up with a way that any of us that wish to can help replace Pvt Arathuzik's dress blues so that he may be buried in them if that comes to pass. He has about two more weeks of chemotherapy after which the doctors have stated that there is nothing more that they can do for him. Tim has fooled them before as he has been read the last rights twice, come out of a coma they said he would not and survived a year and a half of very aggressive chemotherapy and treatments. Tim underwent a steroid treatment that caused him to out grow the blues that his Senior Drill Instructor presented him with. His mother requested information on how she might replace his blues as Tim indicated his wish to buried in them as a Marine.

Sergeant Tilley a Marine recruiter at RSS Worcester has graciously agreed to purchase the blues and present them to Tim's family. He has told me that the approximate costs would be about $200.00 for the blouse and $100.00 for the trousers. There would also be a UPS or FedEx fee for shipping from Camp Pendleton where his wife will purchase them to Massachusettes. Ellie will send Sgt. Tilley a check once we have collected sufficient donations. If we have any funds left over I asked that she use them for flowers if and when Tim passes on.

If you wish to help in this mission join me in sending a small donation to thedrifter at;

Eleanor S. Schallow and/or Mark Schallow

755 Grace Street

Jacksonville, NC. 28546-5120

We take care of our own and we leave no Marine behind and to that tradition I have no doubt that we will accomplish this mission. Thank You

Semper Fi

Jim

Pvt. Timothy Arathuzik News Article on USMC.mil and Leatherneck.com

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/ac95bc775efc34c685256ab50049d458/59582efb93baafc385256feb004c356f?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,Arathuzik

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27739

thedrifter
07-26-07, 07:48 AM
Marines Helping Marines!

This is one of Our main reasons why this web site is here..

Ellie

SGTBrentG
07-26-07, 07:49 AM
Check is in the mail!

yellowwing
07-26-07, 08:32 AM
For those that want a printable version of Jim's post for their MCL's, I have posted: Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf (http://www.ywg-web.com/Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf)

Right click on the Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf (http://www.ywg-web.com/Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf) link and either select Print Target or Save Target As...

jetdoc
07-26-07, 08:57 AM
Blasting out check asap. Hopefully Pvt. Arathuzik will just let this set of Dress Blues hang in his closet and not have to use them.

GUNNY MAX
07-26-07, 09:36 AM
Writing the check tonight.

GUNNY MAX
07-26-07, 09:40 AM
Sorry to have to correct you Ron my friend, but he will need to wear them for the Marine Corps Ball.:marine:

davblay
07-26-07, 10:35 AM
GOD BLESS you Jim, I know the family will appreciate your efforts as we all do here on L.com. My check will be in the mail shortly. GOD willing---he won't need the BLUES for many months.

Bless the Family and may they draw strength from his mighty word! Amen.

thedrifter
07-26-07, 10:54 AM
GOD BLESS you Jim, I know the family will appreciate your efforts as we all do here on L.com. My check will be in the mail shortly. GOD willing---he won't need the BLUES for many months.

Bless the Family and may they draw strength from his mighty word! Amen.

I agree with You 100%...

Ellie

Manymoonsago
07-26-07, 11:14 AM
Check for $25 out today.

David Jameson
07-26-07, 11:24 AM
Hope you get by Wednday.

thedrifter
07-26-07, 11:27 AM
Damn mail system we never know....LOL

Thank You Marines!

Ellie

redneck13
07-26-07, 11:39 AM
This really touched me. I haven't been following this ordeal, nor was aware of it, until Jnelson posted it. I guess I need to keep more in contact. God bless this Blessed Marine and his family. Marines stick together, and that's till the end, or present, then we'll all meet when the trumpet sounds, and go to Jesus, and lead the Christian Army against all evil. And if Tim passes, he'll be right there with us. I pray for his recovery, and his family. SF.....Paul

davblay
07-26-07, 11:57 AM
Ellie, My check is written and in the mailbox. As a PLATINUM MEMBER, I want take this opportunity to thank you for this very worth while effort. This young man is the very base of what we are on this earth for! He demonstrated Motivation and will power to achieve his goal to become a United States Marine in a way that none of us can imagine! I never met this fine young man, but as a cancer patient myself I hope that when my time comes I will have half the respect this man has from my fellow Marines! To bad the government doesn't give medals for effort. He has reflected great credit upon himself, MCRDPI, His Drill Instructors and Platoon, The United States Marine Corps, The United States Navy, and The United States of America.

Semper Fi Tim and to your family. Fellow members, reach deep and help this families cause as only we can.

zx6rdr
07-26-07, 12:04 PM
My check will be in the mail tomorrow.

In addition my mother is also contributing.

SEMPER FI

ROHO
07-26-07, 01:44 PM
I mailed you mine at lunch time today, hope you get it soon. Semper Fi.

davblay
07-26-07, 01:56 PM
bump

Chumley
07-26-07, 01:56 PM
Check to be written this evening, when I pay my bills.
SFi
C

jetdoc
07-26-07, 01:58 PM
Sorry to have to correct you Ron my friend, but he will need to wear them for the Marine Corps Ball.:marine:

My bad Gunny Max...you're correct. :thumbup:

SSgt Blue
07-26-07, 03:10 PM
I'll be sending one out as well. S/F

yellowwing
07-26-07, 07:59 PM
Bravo-Uniform-Mike-Papa

yellowwing
07-27-07, 07:39 AM
For those that want a printable version of Jim's post for their MCL's, I have posted: Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf (http://www.ywg-web.com/Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf)

Right click on the Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf (http://www.ywg-web.com/Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf) link and either select Print Target or Save Target As...
Still working this project.

ebcole
07-27-07, 08:06 AM
I don't have much, but I will gladly share with my Brother.

jinelson
07-28-07, 09:30 PM
Thanks brothers as Ellie said this is what we are all about.

Jim

BOOGIEMAN44
07-28-07, 11:05 PM
I Just Made Barbara Stop Reading Her Book And Write Out A Check As My Hand Does Not Write Well Any More, But It Will Be In The Mail First Thing In The Moring, It Is Times Like This That I Am Sooo Glad That I Am A Marine, For When It Is My Time To Go And God Call's Me Up, And It Is My Time To Pull Duty At The Gate's, I Know I Will Have Friends Still On "both" Sides. Jim, Thank You For Doing This And Bring It To Our Attention And Staying On Top Of Thing's

JinxJr
07-30-07, 10:17 AM
How appropriate that donations are being mailed to a place on "Grace Street".

Coincidence?

Better late than never...(I haven't been around the last few days), my check is on the way.

jinelson
07-30-07, 11:48 AM
Thanks bro its never too late.

Jim

thedrifter
07-30-07, 05:57 PM
Wanted to Thank the Marines and One Special Poolee that I just received some money that was sent for Tim.....

Ellie

thedrifter
08-01-07, 02:52 PM
Mark and I want to Thank All the Marines and poolees for all the monies we have received....

The personal notes to Mark and I a great touch for us to read...We appreciated them....

I will use one of the quotes from one of those letters...

This is what the Marine Corps is All about...BROTHERHOOD....

Thank You All

Ellie and Mark

devildog2011
08-05-07, 12:58 AM
letter's on the way

Semper Fi:usmc:

davblay
08-05-07, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the update Ellie. Now for the big question---did we get enough money to cover everything?

thedrifter
08-05-07, 08:22 AM
A annoucement should be made tomorrow by Jim to give all an update with all the info....

Mark and I maded a donation to make sure there was enough;)

Ellie

jinelson
08-06-07, 07:13 AM
Mission Accomplished we received enough donations to get Pvt Ararthuzik another set of Blues. I will be coordinating with Ellie and Sgt Tilley to get it done today. I want to thank all those that gave, it showed that we are truly a community of Marines helping Marines. The family is truly gratefull, I almost lost it when Mrs Arathuzik asked me if they had to return the set that Tims Senior Drill Instructor presented him from his command to us. Im sure that we will get a thank you note from Tims mom and I will post it here.

Semper Fi

Jim

yellowwing
08-06-07, 08:44 AM
Now this makes my day! Outstanding :usmc:

BOOGIEMAN44
08-06-07, 03:07 PM
THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE JIM, I AM GLAD TO NOT ONLY CALL YOU, MARINE, BUT FRIEND, THANKS AGIAN FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ON THIS, ELLIE AND MARK, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE AS WELL, THERE IS NO GREATER THING THAN GOD ABOVE, AND MARINE'S HELPING MARINE'S HERE BELOW....:usmc::iwo:

davblay
08-06-07, 03:16 PM
Outstanding news! Thanks you guys for your effort in this important matter. I am glad to have had the opportunity to help.

Semper Fi.

Alphaonethree
08-28-07, 06:03 PM
I am sorry I missed the chance to help a brother, I hope he and his family are well.
:usmc:

cplstone
11-08-07, 11:01 AM
I just found this thread, sorry I wasn't there to help!

bgsuwoody
11-08-07, 01:39 PM
Has anyone kept up with the family or been given an update on Tim's condition since I have been gone. If not I would love to have the information again and get in contact with them.

Rich71
11-08-07, 02:55 PM
I'm sorry but I didn't join this sight until a couple days ago. Can anyone tell me the latest on this tough young Marine and his family? If there is anything that we can continue to do for support, let me know.

BREWERO3
12-01-07, 08:31 PM
I'm also new and very interested about this Marine's current status. Please update ASAP.

Semper!

LaaDe
12-20-07, 06:25 PM
FYI- Our beloved Tim passed away this afternoon after a long battle with cancer. May he rest on peace.

sparkie
12-20-07, 06:56 PM
http://www.grunt.com/images/newsletter/MRN-RIBt.jpg

Marine84
12-20-07, 07:06 PM
Rest in peace my Brother

davblay
12-20-07, 07:48 PM
May GOD let this poor soul Rest in peace now! My prayers are with the family!

Big Jim
12-20-07, 11:19 PM
He'll be in our prayers...and I'm sorry I missed this thread and the opportunity to give anything more than this!

jinelson
12-21-07, 06:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/219528.jpg

May you rest in peace Tim your mission done.

Semper Fi Marine

Jim

jinelson
12-22-07, 02:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/FlagHalfMast.gif
Timothy P. Arathuzik

Northborough, Mass

http://www.huntcal.com/custom/Bones/scan0001_jpg12_20_2007_Arathuzik_1198269428.jpg

Saturday, December 22, 2007 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Death Notices
Timothy P., 25, of 279 Davis Street died at home, Thursday, December 20, 2007 following a long battle with cancer. Timmy is survived by his loving parents, Paul and Jeanne (Martin) Arathuzik; a sister, Christine P. Arathuzik ; a brother, Stephen A. Arathuzik; his maternal grandmother, Camille Martin all of Northborough; his godmother, Diane Arathuzik of Boston; as well as several aunts, uncles and cousins. Timmy was born in Boston and was a lifelong resident in Northborough. He graduated from Algonquin Regional High School in 2001 and attended Curry College. Timmy served in the U.S. Marine Corps. He was a member of St. Rose of Lima Church in Northborough. A funeral Mass will be held Monday, December 24, 2007 at 10:00 A.M. in Saint Rose of Lima Church, 244 West Main Street, Northborough. Burial will follow in Howard Street Cemetery. Calling hours will be held Sunday, December 23, 2007 from 1:00 to 4:00 P.M. in Hays Funeral Home, 56 Main Street (Route 20) NORTHBOROUGH. In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to: Saint Rose of Lima Parish, 244 West Main Street, Northborough, MA 01532. For online condolences or directions please visit: www.haysfuneralhome.com

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/obituaries/death_notices/view.bg?articleid=1062124

ZSKI
12-23-07, 12:48 AM
I wish i read this alot sooner, that marine lived not far from me.