PDA

View Full Version : Video: Pro-Victory Gold Star Wives Confront Cindy Sheehan on Capitol Hill

thedrifter
07-24-07, 03:40 PM
Video: Pro-Victory Gold Star Wives Confront Cindy Sheehan on Capitol Hill
D.C. Chapter via Google video ^ | Tuesday, July 24, 2007 | Video by Mrs. Trooprally and tgslTakoma, text by Kristinn

After standing with the D.C. Chapter at Arlington National Cemetery Monday morning to protest Cindy Sheehan's campaign rally there, two women whose husbands were killed serving in Iraq confronted Sheehan and her supporters outside Rep. John Conyers' office on Capitol Hill several hours later.

The two Gold Star wives stood in the hallway right outside the door to Conyers' office to rebuke Sheehan for betraying the sacrifices made by their husbands. Sheehan blew them off, raising and extending her right hand to ward them off as she approached the office and the assembled media horde. Sheehan's posse quickly surrounded the wives, led by turncoat Ann Wright, a retired Army Reserve colonel and former State Dept. official. While Wright tried to distract the wives by "dialoguing" with them, Code Pink's Medea Benjamin tried to drown them out and divert the media's attention by leading the Cindynistas in sing-song chanting. One of Sheehan's supporters told the wives to "shut up!"

The wives would not be deterred and stood their ground. They barely let Wright get a word in edgewise as they said their piece. Of course these women did not make the news, despite all the cameras that were filming. With the exceptions of scant mentions in the Washington Post and ABC News radio, the pro-victory Gold Star wives were deemed not newsorthy.

Even Fox News, the so-called 'fair and balanced' network, which had producer Griff Jenkins covering the story, blew off any mention of the Gold Star wives in their report on Brit Hume's Special Report broadcast last night.

The fourteen minute long video, filmed by Blue Star mother Mrs. Trooprally, who has a son serving in Iraq, captures the scene in the hallway as the Gold Star wives were repeatedly denied permission to go into Conyers' office while Sheehan was in there, even as the media and Sheehan supporters were routinely allowed in.

The video ends before Conyers' arrival and Sheehan's arrest at his office later that afternoon.

After leaving Capitol Hill, the Gold Star wives returned to Arlington National Cemetery to visit the grave where the husband of one of the wives is buried.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8672781112895861050&hl=en

Ellie

redneck13
07-26-07, 11:52 AM
:evilgrin: :mad: :flag: I just don't understand exactly what this hefer is tryin' to accomplish? I thought she quit all this non-sense? Could someone tell me what in the hell is with this woman? Didn't she have a Son or something killed in Iraq? What's her agenda? I watched the video and if I had been there?, she wouldn't have been standing and talking, you can bet on that. Arrest Cheney? I mean, I am totally lost on what she is tryin' to do. Help me out will somebody? SF