PDA

View Full Version : New Roleplayer Character

3077India
07-23-07, 10:07 PM
For those who don't know, I'm a roleplayer at Fort Polk/JRTC and today I received instruction on my role as a "CI Source" aka SNITCH. In other words I get to work with the Army and tell them what the Insurgents are upto in my village and elsewhere IF I have information.

Ironically, my closest friend got his assignment today and will be working as a spy for the Insurgents, telling them what the Army is upto.

This rotation looks to be a very interesting one.

yellowwing
07-24-07, 03:52 AM
Sounds exciting! And complicated. Be careful that they don't pull a Bob Lee Swagger on ya' :D

3077India
07-26-07, 09:22 PM
For those who don't know, I'm a roleplayer at Fort Polk/JRTC and today I received instruction on my role as a "CI Source" aka SNITCH. In other words I get to work with the Army and tell them what the Insurgents are upto in my village and elsewhere IF I have information.

Ironically, my closest friend got his assignment today and will be working as a spy for the Insurgents [(Opposing Forces, aka 509th)], telling them what the Army is upto.

This rotation looks to be a very interesting one.Today was interesting. I ratted out the "mole" (the 509th's man in my village) to the Army. After doing that the Army increased their presence in my village and repeatedly asked the "mole" questions about his activities; even accusing him of doing things I said he was doing. It really p!$$ed him off.:marine: Alas, the Army can't arrest him unless he is caught with at least 2 weapons (D@mn Exercise Rules of Engagment).:mad:

Also, I found out about an hour ago from my closest friend (who is working as a spy with the 509th) that the 509th isn't aware of any snitches in my village. He also said that the 509th will hit my village hard either tomorrow or the next day. (No, I can't use that information to help the Army, because we weren't "in-character" when he told me and it is information my character would never learn on his own.):(

What I told the Army about the mole was that he was using our goats as his cover (he appointed himself goat herder for my village); since the goats roam all over and he has learned that by hitting 2 sticks together he can steer them wherever he wants. He told me, rather candidly, what he was doing, he was gathering information on troop numbers (maximum and minimum sizes), movement (patterns - each hour or every 2nd hour) and their weakest point. He would use his cell phone to call this into his people and he didn't hide it from us.

The next couple of days may prove to be very interesting.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-28-07, 07:47 AM
Man, what a cool job! Wish I could score something like that. I'd have a blast.

Sounds like those lads are about to get an education.

3077India
07-28-07, 08:47 PM
Sounds like those lads are about to get an education.Remember this is the Army, not the Marines.:marine: They stay in an Air conditioned FOB during rotation with hot meals served daily, then they b!tch and moan when they have to come out to man a Traffic Control Point. AND THEY HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE AS TO WHAT DISCRETE MEANS. Today they almost blew my cover twice. I finally had to tell them to arrest me, so the mole wouldn't be suspicious. Also, then they asked why I was being all buddy buddy with the mole after what I told them. I said, what do you expect, I can't let him think for a minute that something was up with me, besides befriending this guy was the best way to get information from him. So far he doesn't suspect and he said he may not be able to come back to the village since his cover was blown. Tomorrow is our last full-day, at that time I should know whether or not the 509th knows I'm a snitch. If they know, then I'm dead. :( If not, then I played the game well.

sparkie
07-28-07, 08:59 PM
Sorry.... What.... daytime TV? soap opras? Train them to kill...... not act.

Sounds too much like "Meals On Wheels" to me.

erased
07-29-07, 12:29 PM
That sounds like some fun training. I was at the JRTC in January, but only in a support capacity. I didn't get to take part in the training. I did get to go see all the excitement (LOL) in Leesville and Alexandria on a couple occasions. I'll tell ya this much: it was the only time I've ever been excited to get back to Jacksonville.

3077India
07-29-07, 08:50 PM
That sounds like some fun training. I was at the JRTC in January, but only in a support capacity. I didn't get to take part in the training. I did get to go see all the excitement (LOL) in Leesville and Alexandria on a couple occasions. I'll tell ya this much: it was the only time I've ever been excited to get back to Jacksonville.If you saw all the excitement in the Leesville and Alexandria area, then must not have stayed over night, because after the first day you'd get bored VERY VERY quickly. :p

erased
07-29-07, 09:17 PM
I was there for 28 days, and ventured out into town probably a dozen times. I was being sarcastic about the excitement. I could have more fun by myself in a 5'x5' storage unit.

3077India
07-31-07, 09:59 AM
I was there for 28 days, and ventured out into town probably a dozen times. I was being sarcastic about the excitement. I could have more fun by myself in a 5'x5' storage unit.I was being sarcastic too. If you're there on business, then you wouldn't find much if anything to do; but if you like camping, fishing or hunting, then you can find plenty to do.

mrbsox
07-31-07, 12:35 PM
You've got this listed as your occupation in your profile...

... as in you get paid ??

I do it a few nights a month, volunteer basis http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20111&highlight=MOUT but we never get THAT deep into a role. You make it sound like a long term operation.

But... we've got an opportunity to take our 'show on the road', in that Ft. Campbell has asked for as many as we can send one evening. Would like to get a little more intel from your end of it, and can pass you some of mine.

Do you get shooting roles ??

Lets keep it off line, as I guess your under the same 'non'disclouser' cloud as I am.

Ain't it a BLAST !!

Terry

JinxJr
07-31-07, 01:12 PM
Ft. Riley has the Army's Transition Team Training Mission. Soldiers are trained to train the Iraqi Army and Police (this is public info you get in the local paper). A lot of crazy role-playing goes on here too. They get so into it that an undergrad from Kansas State University doing environmental research (who just happened to be a middle eastern exchange student) got pulled off of a tank trail and forced out of his vehicle at gun point (only had blank ammo), they thought he was one of the role-players. He got spread-eagled and searched...scared the bejesus out of him. They never even noticed that his vehicle had state plates LOL

3077India
07-31-07, 02:45 PM
You've got this listed as your occupation in your profile...

... as in you get paid ??

I do it a few nights a month, volunteer basis http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20111&highlight=MOUT but we never get THAT deep into a role. You make it sound like a long term operation.

But... we've got an opportunity to take our 'show on the road', in that Ft. Campbell has asked for as many as we can send one evening. Would like to get a little more intel from your end of it, and can pass you some of mine.

Do you get shooting roles ??

Lets keep it off line, as I guess your under the same 'non'disclouser' cloud as I am.

Ain't it a BLAST !!

TerryI do get paid to do this. The Army contracts out to Cubic Defense Applications for Roleplayer positions.

The only actual shooting role I got was an American Security with WHO and UNICEF. The weapons we had were equiped with a variation of the laser that the Army and 509th use, but not as sophisticated. I liked that role when we were actually doing something, which we seldom did. I got out of that after one rotation.

We aren't under the same non-disclosure that you seem to be since all roleplayers here are civillians, but anything you PM me about will be kept out of the loop.

Yes, I love doing this, but soon the fun is going to run out, since August and October will be the last 2 rotations this year and next year there isn't a rotation scheduled until June. :(

mrbsox
07-31-07, 05:51 PM
We go year round... rain or shine. Been some BLAZING hot days and FREEZING nights. The scripts vary, but generally work around a week long 'operation' for the units. Anywhere from humanitarian relief drops and convoy ops to searching for a 'bad guy' and getting AMBUSHED !! :grin:

They get sims, and we usually get paint ball if in a shooting role. Pyro is a big part of their work ups, blowing doors to arty simulators for incoming. Blackhawk down is a favorite whare they have to rescue pilots, and get ambushed on the way out of town.

Right now I'm fishing for some intel on Ft Campbell since I've never been there. Sounds like the're tring to put a BIG op together and looking for experienced bodies.

Sempers