PDA

View Full Version : Human shields remain at key Baghdad sites

Sgt Sostand
03-21-03, 10:05 PM
Voluntary human shields are still at their posts at an Iraqi power plant.

As Baghdad's sky was lit up by coalition bombing runs and missile strikes, the 12 activists stayed put. They say they're protecting and supporting Iraqi citizens during a war they call unjust and criminal.

One human shield from Sweden says she's risking her life because Iraqi children will suffer if the plant is destroyed. The Al-Douri power plant was damaged in the 1991 Gulf War.

It's not known how many human shields are still in Iraq, although there were estimates that more than 100 were heading to the country during the war buildup.

The volunteers at Al-Douri said they knew of at least five other Americans elsewhere in the country. But many civilians left days ago.

US officials have said there's no way to guarantee the shields' safety.

The human shields at Al-Douri are from from France, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Canada and the United States.

Sgt Sostand
03-21-03, 10:17 PM
France and Canada if they where gone it wouldnt be a lost those
chicken sh** fu*****

Barrio_rat
03-22-03, 09:21 AM
Whatever their intent - they have aided the enemy in a time of war against their country of origin. They should be required to stay where they are or, at least, never to return to the United States... I don't care what the other countries do with their traitors. I'm pretty sure I already know how Canada and France will treat theirs....

USMC0311
03-22-03, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Barrio_rat
Whatever their intent - they have aided the enemy in a time of war against their country of origin. They should be required to stay where they are or, at least, never to return to the United States... I don't care what the other countries do with their traitors. I'm pretty sure I already know how Canada and France will treat theirs....

same same...the dinki dau mofo that werked with the AlQuida..wtf ever that sorry ass kid name was.:confused: