PDA

View Full Version : Dress Regulations Question

JT33Dallas
07-21-07, 07:24 PM
Hi,

My friend is leaving for boot camp soon and I am wanting to give him something he can wear--such as a necklace--with the Marine emblem but I am not sure if he would be allowed to keep the necklace on at all times. Does anyone know the regulations for necklaces?

Thanks!
Jessica

Phantom Blooper
07-21-07, 07:32 PM
:evilgrin: Give him nothing before he leaves. Wait until he gets back!He won't be able to have it!

sparkie
07-21-07, 07:35 PM
I don't know the "regs' but I can't imagine your friend being allowed to wear it. You Might wait on that till your friend is out of boot. Best thing you could give,,,, lotsa letters.

Phantom Blooper
07-21-07, 07:41 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25168

It's a closed thread because of stupidity..but the drill instructor who posted the original topic knows the here & now scoop.:evilgrin:

jinelson
07-22-07, 01:02 AM
Thanks bro for having my six while I watched "The Shooter" ( an outstanding flick by the way). I closed that thread because of stupidity as you said but unfortunately the the Drill Instructor that originally posted it has ended his B billet and is back in the fleet somewhere, where the sand is extremely hot. Read and head what either he or I said in the first two pages and forget all else. I hope I made myself clear and this wont be another infinity post thread.

Jim

Old Marine
07-22-07, 09:43 AM
Religious medals and that is it.

JT33Dallas
07-22-07, 07:33 PM
Thanks all!

sparkie
07-22-07, 08:09 PM
How about a profile friend. We're here to support you and your friend, but it is respectful to let us know a little.