PDA

View Full Version : What makes a Marine...?

Melanye
07-21-07, 01:31 AM
Where can I reference the history and making of the U.S. Maine Corps from the time its virtues were passed down in indoctrination by President Jefferson through and including other developmental changes by Presidents and Corporate Marines? For instance, it is primarily understood why Marines are considered "1st" or formerly "Elitest? While many of the virtues and characteristics of the Marine Corps originate in the Arian, Ram or Aries Constellation; subsequent disciplines must have been incorporated by soldiers and leaders of some of the other eleven zodiacs. Is there Public Information available that defines and outlines corporate changes since the 1700's and how those changes came about?

yellowwing
07-21-07, 02:19 AM
Clarify please. I have difficulty wrapping my head around your conjunction of corporate and metaphysical.

Melanye
07-21-07, 05:52 AM
I believe by Corporate I mean Administrative or Higher Ups. Technically, those officers who answer to the Secretary, Congress, etc. Pentagon establishment, nothing lighter.

yellowwing
07-21-07, 06:09 AM
Fire Team Leader, L/Cpl-Cpl
Squad Leader, Cpl-Sgt
Platoon Leader, SSgt-LT
Company Commander, Captain
Battalion Commander, LtCol
Regimental Commander, Col
Division Commander, 2 Star General
Force Commander, 3 Star General
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 4 Star General
Secretary of the Navy
Secretary of Defense
President of the United States, *his Zodiac sign is Cancer ;)

Marine84
07-21-07, 11:46 AM
Fire Team Leader, L/Cpl-Cpl
Squad Leader, Cpl-Sgt
Platoon Leader, SSgt-LT
Company Commander, Captain
Battalion Commander, LtCol
Regimental Commander, Col
Division Commander, 2 Star General
Force Commander, 3 Star General
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 4 Star General
Secretary of the Navy
Secretary of Defense
President of the United States, *his Zodiac sign is Cancer ;)

LOL! I knew I could count on you! Sorry Mel, some of us get lost with all of the "wordiness" of a question sometimes (nothing personal) - that's why Yellowwing is around to interpret for us sometime.

If you do a search on Marine Corps History you'll find a LOT of info which I'm sure you probably have already looked at; however I don't believe any of us could attribute ANYTHING to the zodiacs?????? Other than it takes ALL kinds to make the Big Green Machine tick and we DO have ALLLLLLL kinds!

:banana: :flag:

rvillac2
07-21-07, 08:27 PM
Where can I reference the history and making of the U.S. Maine Corps from the time its virtues were passed down in indoctrination by President Jefferson through and including other developmental changes by Presidents and Corporate Marines? For instance, it is primarily understood why Marines are considered "1st" or formerly "Elitest? While many of the virtues and characteristics of the Marine Corps originate in the Arian, Ram or Aries Constellation; subsequent disciplines must have been incorporated by soldiers and leaders of some of the other eleven zodiacs. Is there Public Information available that defines and outlines corporate changes since the 1700's and how those changes came about?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

Marine84
07-21-07, 10:01 PM
LOL! We DO NOT need to keep drinking tonight and coming in here - this has me curious now.

Mel - where are you tonight girl? I see on your profile that you're a writer............what do you write about? And please explain this whole Zodiac being related to the military and how it works. I mean no disrespect at all - I guess I'm the doofus in the house because I still call a filangi (sp) a finger, you know? So, if you would be so nice as to shorten the explanation to where I can understand it - that way I will not end up calling you CRAZY AS HELL!

thanks...............

jetdoc
07-22-07, 10:39 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a WTF? haha

President Jefferson was an Aries in the zodiac world. You're tying his zodiac sign influence to his influence over the Marines back in 1801 when he was Prez. You stated : "Where can I reference the history and making of the U.S. Maine Corps from the time its virtues were passed down in indoctrination by President Jefferson".

I'm not saying that Jefferson didn't have any influence on the Marines but its seems as if you're saying that Jefferson was the President when the Marines virtues were FIRST passed down. The Marines were first created in 1775...10 Nov, as we all know.

So the "President" when the Marines were created was John Hancock. Obviously he was President of the Continental Congress. 1789 was when George Washington was elected. So actually we had John Hancock, George Washington, John Adams zodiac influence prior to Jeffersons...wow.

So what was the zodiac of John Hancock? Capricorn. As for the other Presidents, forget about it, I'm getting a headache...what does all of this mean, I don't freaken know...somebody clue me in plz? lol

sparkie
07-22-07, 01:01 PM
Say again your last, over?

jetdoc
07-22-07, 01:17 PM
Who Sparkie? If you're asking me, fugettaboutit....I'm not going there again man.

sparkie
07-22-07, 01:21 PM
I would have never started this post without a kegger at least.But you know me,,, I'm just a doumb Marine.

sparkie
07-22-07, 01:23 PM
By the way, my sign is "slippery when wet"

maverickmarine
07-22-07, 02:03 PM
Whiskey, Foxtrot, Tango....I say again....Whiskey, Foxtrot, Tango...LOL.

maverickmarine
07-22-07, 02:04 PM
Sorry, had a few. Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot...Good thing I wasn't calling for fire. LOL.

yellowwing
07-22-07, 02:26 PM
Sorry, had a few. Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot...Good thing I wasn't calling for fire. LOL.
Just tell us your Zodiac sign and all is well. Chesty Puller was also a Zodiac Cancer. :D

maverickmarine
07-22-07, 02:34 PM
LOL. Aquarious...

yellowwing
07-22-07, 02:41 PM
LOL. Aquarious...
Groovey, man! This is the dawning of the age of Aquarious, grow you hair and beard and smoke some hippie sh*t, hang out and bang some hairy peacenik chicks :D

Marine84
07-22-07, 02:46 PM
Virgo here.......................and, for the record, I'm NOT a virgin.

maverickmarine
07-22-07, 02:48 PM
LOL. Negative on becoming a hairhead..

yellowwing
07-22-07, 02:51 PM
Virgo here.......................and, for the record, I'm NOT a virgin.
Duly noted. We shall have to look elsewhere to restock the Vestals. :(

jetdoc
07-22-07, 02:55 PM
Chesty was known to refer to his daily horoscope before he made any battle plans, lol.

jetdoc
07-22-07, 02:57 PM
I am an Sagittarius, I love all the women of the world.

SlingerDun
07-25-07, 05:11 PM
Where can I reference the history and making of the U.S. Maine Corps from the time its virtues were passed down in indoctrination by President Jefferson through and including other developmental changes by Presidents and Corporate Marines? The Corps had been instilling its own virtues before presidents lay claim to it as their own and 26 years before T. Jeff ascended the throne. The Corps opposed kings but the politicians and corporate types managed to get a grip on it anyway. If you could find an original hemp enlistment contract it may be laced with virtues but i doubt any zodiac references. The information you seek may best be sourced to a relative few individuals long since cashed in. The names are murky even with the oldies who claim to have shared a fighting hole with somebody who served with the great great great grandson of Caleb G. whos first cousins uncle Silus C. swore the oath and made his mark at M.C.R.S. Tun Tavern Philadelphia 1775. I could speculate back in the day as a fly on the wall so i will...

Tun Tavern was not your average wharf dive, on the contrary it was a fine establishment with a good rep and a gathering place for power meetings. So the 1st Continental Marine Recruiters leased out a wing, sent out flyers, pressed and starched and went about the business of interviewing propsective sea going grunts. Normally one would seek out fighters in the seedy rum joints and frontier trading posts, Lewis and Clark when searching for members to form the "Corps of Discovery" made it a point at all costs to avoid "Gentlemens sons seeking adventure" what they looked for was quote: Stout, Healthy unmarried men accustomed to the woods and capable of bearing bodily fatigue. But they only needed a few dozen men where as the fledgling Marine Corps had a quota of two battalions for starters and did not have the luxury of hiring all seasoned men. Hence the great need for qualified instructors. I'd be willing to bet two cold pints the first of these D.I.'s were former Royal Marine ex-patriots. Whom better to familiarize you with the ways of your enemy than those trained in their methods? If you could trust them. One fairly discreet sign now common was to observe folks eating habits. If they cut with the right hand, swapped tools and ate with the same hand it meant they were hip with the revolution http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif Meanwhile back at the Cantina it was November and according to the history channel, the mini-ice age. Recruits filtered through the doors flyer in hand, sore footed, cold and hungry. The corporate Marines did not have the budget to lay out a feast fit for congress but the buffet was hot and plentifull. The motto "take all you want but eat all you take" served well to plug a hole in a hungry young mans belly. They weren't stingy with the ale and tobacco chits either and now the recruiters could go to work. The theme was: Be one the first to join a brand spanking new elite fighting outfit! This was a personal challenge and opportunity for the city kid to get out of the shop and the farm kid to break loose of the plow. To a frontier kid shod in worn out moccs and humping a hundred year old wheellock missile stuffer, the promise of a steady paycheck new ICB's and Flintlock sounded pretty good. The 'dudes' were especailly fond of that sweet tri-corn unifrom cover.

Who knows if the contract paper and ink wells ran dry directly but the following mornings hangover compounded by the offensive shouts of a ruddy faced bull necked D.I. were enough to make a new private think he'd been Shanghai-ed into service had it not been for the hazy memory of an oath and signature. And so begins an abrupt and lasting transition complete with virtues and codes easy to repeat but hard to explain to non-members.

Soon enough the men and admin types of the 1st Continental Marine Corps became salty on their long bloody hump towards gaining world respect. They *****ed and moaned about often getting the shaft and the Army and Navy owning all the good gear but they sucked it up and kept on going. Not alot has changed.

--->Dave

Marine84
07-25-07, 09:15 PM
:confused: HUH?

Yellowwing - what in the hell did he just say? I REALLY need to quit drinking and coming in here - WHEW!

sparkie
07-25-07, 09:30 PM
Again, my poor little brain........

yellowwing
07-26-07, 07:09 AM
I like it Slinger! A good look into the actual operations of Tun Tavern circa 10 November 1775. :thumbup:

jetdoc
07-26-07, 02:05 PM
Good read Slinger.