PDA

View Full Version : Schools

isaac3451027
07-19-07, 03:48 PM
Alright so I have always wondered after you pass Bootcamp and then go to SOI after that can you just start aplying for schools or is it likly you be able to go or dose it deppend on your MOS anybody know.

rvillac2
07-19-07, 04:40 PM
What schools are you talking about?

If you're talking about additional training schools, all of those will depend on your MOS, your billet, and your rank.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-19-07, 05:22 PM
You'll go to your MOS school- and that's about it. If you try out for, and make, recon or something, you'll get all those nifty schools. Other than that, you'll go where you're told. If you need to go to a school you'll go.

Marine84
07-19-07, 07:43 PM
HA HA! That's funny - no child, the Marine Corps is an equal opportunity entity - EVERYBODY gets to go to some sort of school after bootcamp - well, some of us went straight out of bootcamp (there was no MIT/SOI, whatever they call it), there was no applying for, buying books for, or any of that other crap you go through just trying to get into a civilian school. AND, as an added bonus, it didn't cost US a dime! Instructors had all been hands on the job before they started instructing and they don't need a degree to teach someone else how to do it. I'm sure I drove mine nuts because I didn't know a thing about Ordnance and rocked out in the first couple of weeks - had to do the Rock Study thing for a couple of weeks - I mean, I had NO IDEA that everything ALWAYS screws off and on the same way - leftie loosie, rightie tightie.

(killer don't laugh at me)

chili77bowl
07-20-07, 12:24 AM
Dude, don't listen to them....

Marines always get to go to the best schools...any school you want you will go to...here's how.

When you get to the fleet, go right up to your CO and say "Hey Skipper, when are ya gonna send me to (fill in the blank)?"

you will be suprised at how fast you will get an answer.

:cool:

Phantom Blooper
07-20-07, 07:13 AM
after you pass Bootcamp

First off you don't pass bootcamp....you graduate to higher form of life! The life until death of being a United States Marine!

As stated your MOS before you even ship to the MCRD will denote what school you go to pertaining to your MOS description. Get through the initial training in your job field first. And if any additional schools open up that your command wants to send you too for your billet or professionalism they will let you know.Actually get through bootcamp first.

As always check and double check your contract to make sure that the MOS option you signed for is available and you have a guaranteed slot.All this should happen at the recruiters office and then MEPS. IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE SURE YOUR PAPERWORK IS RIGHT.BEFORE YOU SHIP OUT!

When the orders are passed out in bootcamp it's too late.... without your contract in hand to tell your drill instructor I was promised by Sgt.Smuckatelly that I am guaranteed avionics not infantry.He wont won't give a rat's azz. It will be up to you and the parent command to fix it.

:evilgrin:

Haffner
07-20-07, 03:01 PM
First, punctuate your damn sentences. I'm pretty damn sure I've told you this before. This isn't a forum for illiterate 5 year olds who want to play ARMY.

By the looks of the way you consistently type you've got a lot of schooling to make up for before the Marine Corps wastes any extra tax money.