PDA

View Full Version : Cardio Suggestions

whitt009
07-15-07, 09:29 PM
I've asked some of you Marines before about what to do in dealing with shin splints. Now I have a different sort of question.

I'm down to 345lbs from 369 in 3 weeks.

Tonight I did some cardio and actually burned about 4lbs(which couldn't have been from sheer sweating. i really didn't sweat that much).

I swam almost nonstop for about 20 minutes and gave my legs a hard workout in the process. Cycling, I did with various resistences on a machine for about 30 minutes(6.6 miles) and kept a constant heart rate of 180bpm throughout.

Then I ran...probably just 1/4 mile. I was out of breath more than the other things with a considerably higher heart rate.

My question is, to get down to my required body fat percentage, which method is best? Running kicked my ass more than any others. But is it all about keeping your heart rate elevated for a prolonged amount of time? I'm a bit confused about how to proceed.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

whitt009
07-16-07, 11:30 AM
Looks like I get nothing on this one. Ah well.

killerinstinct
07-16-07, 01:11 PM
to be hohenst i actually think swimming does more fat burning than most cardio. Again just try to do it early in the morning so you burn your fat reserves and not what you had for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-16-07, 04:54 PM
Running is king. But, if you're going for the long workout it can be difficult to do if you aren't in decent shape. However, that isn't the most effective way to burn fat. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) A good place to get a grasp of the basics of HIIT is http://www.davedraper.com/hiit-cardio-training.html