PDA

View Full Version : More entering Army with criminal records

thedrifter
07-14-07, 09:20 AM
More entering Army with criminal records <br />
<br />
By Bryan Bender, Globe Staff | July 13, 2007 <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON -- Nearly 12 percent of Army recruits who entered basic training this year needed a special...

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-07, 07:29 AM
What a shock. Note also the Army hasn't made recruiting mission for the 2nd month. Now, I hear they are going to gin the numbers so that they 'make mission' with 75 pecentile.

USMC-FO
07-15-07, 07:43 AM
None of this should surprise anyone. We're in the midst of a very unpopular and poorly thought out war that, today, is largely aimed at keeping two primitive religious and tribal sects from killing one another and our troops are dieing for these dubious ends. Couple that with a pretty good economy here and it can't surprise a soul that young men today would take a pass on joning todays "Army of one". When that happens you're left to 'gin' the numbers as noted above and to settle for lower standards with all the accompanying negatives that will come along with those lower standards. Let's hope this sort of thinking stays far far away from our Marine Corps.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-07, 08:02 AM
Let's hope so. Plus, lets be realistic, here. The army these days doesn't get the 'best and brightest', because, simply put, of those who want to join the military of that catagory, they go Marines, Navy, Air Force. (Not always in that order LOL). The army gets the dregs. (For the MOST part).

And, I work around/with the army every single day. There are some dang good kids (I just met a female SSG with a combat medical badge and trigger time with 1st Armored, for example) serving, they are too poorly served by rotten careerist leadership and massive micromanaging at every level.

Old Marine
07-15-07, 08:37 AM
In the 1960's the Marine Corps sent privates to Midway Adult School in San Diego during training so they could learn to read and write. Then we sent them to the NAM.