PDA

View Full Version : Weighing In

Marcus
07-13-07, 01:31 AM
I know that you get weighed in at meps right before shipping. Do you get weighed in again during receiving at MCRD?

Marine84
07-13-07, 07:48 AM
If you're close to your max, you'll get weighed once a week - bottom line...............get below your max.

SnowPaint078
07-13-07, 10:10 AM
If you're close to your max, you'll get weighed once a week - bottom line...............get below your max.

What if your about 8lbs over your minimum? What will they do if you fall under your minimum at MCRD, I am sure I will be getting double Rations but still doesn't guarentee I will stay a little plump. So what if that doesn't work at MCRD? Do you get dropped to another Company or a "Special" Company or just dropped all together?

Marine84
07-13-07, 11:20 AM
I don't think youget discharged for being "under" anything. Your skinny a$$ will go on double rats but..................

bgsuwoody
07-13-07, 12:35 PM
What if your about 8lbs over your minimum? What will they do if you fall under your minimum at MCRD, I am sure I will be getting double Rations but still doesn't guarentee I will stay a little plump. So what if that doesn't work at MCRD? Do you get dropped to another Company or a "Special" Company or just dropped all together?

Well if these were Achpeds true stats prior to shipping

Just yesterday I did my final IST before shipping

6'4" 170lbs
10:40 1.5 mile
17 pullups
100+ crunches

He would actually be 15 lbs above the minimum weight but as of his last letter he seemed to be on double rats

As of 6/29/07 he's ..........................back to be Squad Leader and he hates it because he only gets 5 minutes to eat double rats (HAHAHAHAHAHA! They're trying to fatten his lanky a$$ up) - he says he's learned to eat quick but he feels that he's still lacking (cause he's working that a$$ of and staying hungry all the time).

I am guessing that it is a determination by the DI's as to your weight and whether you get double rats because of this information. Correct me Marines if I am wrong.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-13-07, 01:23 PM
If you're under weight they aren't going to drop you. They'll do all they can to put some weight on you- and I'd be willing to bet it will work. The time to worry about minimum weight is in the fleet when they aren't watching your food intake.

jackson07
07-13-07, 09:03 PM
I was weighed at MEPS and the next time I was weighed was the week we picked up in bootcamp. Then in my platoon everyone was weighed every saturday night.

sparkie
07-13-07, 09:13 PM
Boots gonna make you a new body, so don't worry so much. Enjoy the ride.

Marine84
07-13-07, 09:41 PM
Boots gonna make you a new body, so don't worry so much. Enjoy the ride.

Exactly.......................you'll put on a little muscle weight too.

Woody, I got no clue what the regs are for you guys but 6'4" 170 does sound a little "light" to me too - if he were to come to my house, i would be trying to feed him all the time too. What are the regs for guys?

SnowPaint078
07-13-07, 10:09 PM
Exactly.......................you'll put on a little muscle weight too.

Woody, I got no clue what the regs are for you guys but 6'4" 170 does sound a little "light" to me too - if he were to come to my house, i would be trying to feed him all the time too. What are the regs for guys?

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blweightmale.htm

That is for males, females is on a different page.

Marine84
07-13-07, 10:36 PM
thanks snow......................acoording to that Matt should be between 156 and 226? Sounds like they're just trying to fatten him up a little - even still, he probably has the metabolism of a freakin Hummingbird so double rats would be a way to make sure he gets enough to burn off without him falling below the minimum.