PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new, and some questions.

mickeyballek
07-10-07, 05:26 PM
Hihi, I'm new to these forums.

I'm Mickey, I'm 16 and hopefully a future Marine. My 17th birthday isn't until December and until then I cannot even become a Poolee. I constantly visit the local recruiting office and the one assigned to my high school.

My older brother is a LCpl in the Corps, and he is the reason I want to become a Marine myself. My uncle/god father is also in the Corps and a SSgt.

I know I can't really do much until I'm 17, but I already want to know a little more about bootcamp. My brother is in California and with the time differences and long distance, it is diffcult to ask him what I want to know all the time.

-I currently have braces, but will get them off in a month or too- I want to know that since I can leave as early as June of next year [If I graduate on time] I may still have a retainer. My question is if recruits are allowed to have a retainer to wear at night?
-I don't know what MOSs I want to go for yet, and my recruiter and other recruiters I have talked to always ask if I have something in mind- My brother is in Data Systems so can only really tell me about the Computer-related MOSs. I don't want to make a career of the Corps, because I acutally want to pursue a career in Cosmetology, so I was wondering what would be something for me to look into that I wouldn't find as a 'waste' if I cannot use the training after my enlistment.
-My mother has told me to go for something that involves some sort of business feild so I can have help after with what I want to do. Are there any interesting MOSs to look into for that?

Oh dear, I don't know if much of that makes any sense, and I've seemed to have had a brainfart. [Excuse my terrible way of trying to explain things]

Thanks alot.
oohrah

sparkie
07-10-07, 05:30 PM
In my days recruits were lucky to hit the rack with their own teeth.
But with you being a lady and all,,, maybe the'll make an exception. ;]

chili77bowl
07-10-07, 05:59 PM
Admin...go admin, they always need cute girls in admin...

sparkie
07-10-07, 07:03 PM
change your picture,child. This isn't myspace. ;]