PDA

View Full Version : Any EOD Marines out there?

deadlift
07-10-07, 11:46 AM
Hello All:

This is my first post, just registered on the site. I am a Corporal stationed at MCB Camp Lejeune currently deployed overseas. Hello to all & Semper Fi!

So, I am an FY/08 Marine looking to re-enlist. I had been poking around the mil.com forums trying to get some ideas from folks on there with some luck.

I want to stay a Marine very bad but I also got shafted with my MOS (open contract). I want to Lat-Move and right now EOD is the most appealing to me. I've read up on other services and Navy EOD seems pretty high-speed, jump, scuba, free-fall etc...

I just wanted to know if there were any EOD Marines out there that could share experiences or help me make my decision... I’m having a hard time deciding to stay Marine or switch over to Navy EOD.

I have gotten into contact w/ some EOD guys in Lejeune and the Career Planner has some screening lined up for me when I get back to the states.

I have also spoken w/ the MARSOC recruiter about EOD role in the new unit, however didn't get too much info - just that they are looking for 03's and 0621's - and screening is every Friday at the area 5 pool...

Anyone w/ stories or insight -- input is greatly appreciated!

:usmc:

thedrifter
07-10-07, 12:37 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Ellie

deadlift
07-11-07, 07:04 AM
OoRah MSgt - nice site ya'll got here :)