PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Marines?

andrewams
07-10-07, 11:33 AM
Hey guys.. just wanted to post to ask a quick question. First off I want to THANK all of the Marines that work hard everyday to protect our country. Several of of my friends are hoping to become Marines and I respect that a lot.

However I do have one friend that has wanted to be a Marine for quite a while. I know he talks about it a lot and has met with his recruiter several times and I am guessing is almost ready to go. However, there's one thing holding him back. I am sure this might have been posted before but I did look. That thing is basically he's "concerned" with whether or not he can hack it. Now I know if he has to think about it, he probably shouldn't go, but at the same time I am not sure what to tell him. People tell him that it is easy to get off Parris Island, while others say it's not easy to get off Parris Island.. what would he do in that situation, if he couldn't take it, I guess? Do you purposely refuse, or get hurt, something like that? He's up in the air about it, but the recruiter is telling him it is not so bad and he can make it, etc

SGTBrentG
07-10-07, 11:42 AM
If he doesn't think he can hack then he can't. It's not supposed to easy or we wouldn't be Marines. If your friend thinks he may not be able to make it, he wont. If he is physically fit the physical part wont be a problem for him, but I suspect the mental part will ensure his failure since it sounds like he has doubts already. Tell your friend that until he has more self confidence, don't even attempt to become a Marine!

killerinstinct
07-10-07, 01:15 PM
if he wants it he'll make it and the DI's are trained to make Marines not to wash people out.

If he puts his heart into it he'll make it..