PDA

View Full Version : One motivated Marine

thedrifter
07-10-07, 05:35 AM
Water cooler
By The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 07/10/2007 01:46:09 AM MDT

One motivated Marine

A man from Shaler, Pa., who used to play for the Steelers now will wear a uniform of a different kind. According to KDKA in Pittsburgh, Bob Dzvonick, 27, joined the Marines and says football now is a distant memory. He chased his dream of playing professional football until he was 26, and even played one season for the Steelers in NFL Europe. But minor injuries often left Dzvonick sidelined. For a while he worked with Allegheny County District Attorney Stephan Zappala and thought about applying to law school, but walked into a Marine recruiting office March 15. "He came in and really motivated me. I am supposed to motivate them," recruiter Dan Black said. "He came in and told me he was on a professional football team and wanted that sense of pride, that sense of brotherhood back."

Dzvonick found what he was looking for at Marine boot camp in Paris Island, S.C. "I don't even think of football anymore," Dzvonick said, adding that for the first time in his life he feels like he has accomplished something.

Ellie