PDA

View Full Version : Wonderin' what yer thinkin' and where yer at

wrbones
03-20-03, 12:40 AM
...and how yer all doin' with this.

Thing I have more or less runnin' through my head constantly the last few months is I keep thinkin' about 'my people', ya know. Have they been trained right. do they have everything they need to get the job done. Are they being taken care of and 'watched' so to speak. The usual stuff that runs through yer head when yer an NCO, I guess. I get kind of a hitch in my thinkin'
along about there, 'cause I don't know what I need to know to help, but I ain't there, so it don't really matter, but yet it does.....

I keep wantin' to take care of 'my people'. AND I CAN'T.

NEWB
03-20-03, 01:43 AM
:marine: BONES,
I have a "adopted" nephew, known him since he was knee high, and he is now in Iraq as I type this. He recently made Cpl. and he sent me some pics and MAN did it all hit me like a ton of S**t. I was walking around the house today in a world of my own thinking almost the same things you put down. Of course being my 57th BD didn't help much.LOL.
Then BINGO I went here and saw this thread and WHAM it hit me that you and everyone here at leatherneck are just like me. And suddenly "I consolidated my feces". You are not alone brother. Thank you for your thinking.

tkuhr
03-20-03, 01:45 AM
Know what you mean.
Had a small argument with my ex (we actually get along since we don't have to live together). Have a bad image of dead marines from some chem attack - who screwed up?!. My ex was doing the hippie thing when I was at Chu Lai and now she wants to ride the lead tank into Bagdad, damn the torpedoes!
Yeah, it has to be done. We do have SOME control over our pols and absolutely none over egomaniacs like Saddam, beyound readjusting their thinking by whatever calibre ammo is handy.
Wasn't in the sht like alot of you; went there, done what I had to, and still didn't like it. Even engineers get killed. But you get down to it, you don't sign up because the dress blues are pretty.Not gonna wave the flag too hard here, but we elected him to make the hard choices, we signed on to carry them out, and if he says its in our national interest (and not immoral, and I don't think it is) we go. And stand proud and cry sometimes.

wrbones
03-20-03, 01:46 AM
ROTF "Consolidated your feces" LMAO.

I was feelin' pretty lonely in that frame of thinkin' myself. Thanks fer lettin' me know I'm not the only one, Marine.

NEWB
03-20-03, 02:00 AM
Hey Bones,
My thinking like that back a few years ago got me a "ALL EXPENSES PAID" vacation to the VA in WHACKO "aka Waco, Tx". Also fondly refered to as the Rubber Room. Helped to get my head and A** wired together. Glad I could help. SEMPER FI!! Oh, and by the way the Thorizine was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally great. LOL

wrbones
03-20-03, 02:03 AM
BDTD at Fort Meade, NEWBY!

Shhhhh. I won't tell anyone if you don't!

Didn't get the good stuff, though.

I got gypped!

Didn't get a damn t-shirt, either.....

NEWB
03-20-03, 02:18 AM
Me neither, no T-Shirt. Maybe that is why I didn't get the job as a police officer in L.A.. Didn't think I could handle the Vietnamese out there. LOL

marinemom
03-20-03, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by wrbones
...and how yer all doin' with this.

Thing I have more or less runnin' through my head constantly the last few months is I keep thinkin' about 'my people', ya know. Have they been trained right. do they have everything they need to get the job done. Are they being taken care of and 'watched' so to speak. The usual stuff that runs through yer head when yer an NCO, I guess. I get kind of a hitch in my thinkin'
along about there, 'cause I don't know what I need to know to help, but I ain't there, so it don't really matter, but yet it does.....

I keep wantin' to take care of 'my people'. AND I CAN'T.

You're not alone there bones. My kid called last night and vented for a long time about the same thing. Instructors don't go, and he is not happy about that. And he talked about the guys he has been working with who have graduated SOI and then were shipped. He was saying that he hoped he taught them enough, taught them the right things, that they remember all their training and that he wanted them all to come home alive.

As his mother, I am glad he is not there - but I do understand his feelings - and the feelings of all those guys at SOI - and I am sure they have done their jobs.

May all our troops come home safely, and may their nation welcome them back and learn to appreciate those who stand on that wall 24/7/365.

leroy8541
03-20-03, 05:52 AM
Sitting on the couch with a depressed look on my face, I guess. The wife came in took one look and said, You want to be there don't you? Trying not to hurt her feelings replied under my breath, yup.

SheWolf
03-20-03, 07:05 AM
I was home on the computer,, seen the thread here about the President going to be on again,, and knew something had happened,,,,

I haven't heard from my son for almost a week and a half,, was hoping for one more phone call before things started:no:

God bless them all...

SgtBigK
03-20-03, 07:46 AM
Bones,
Constantly on my mind is the same kinds of thoughts you are having. In addition I have the support of my wife, she knows I want to be "over there" and she fully understands. I saw Lt.Col. North on Fox TV last night and thought of how it must be to be there. I have no delusions of grandure, just a deep desire to provide protection to our troops and feel as if I have made a contribution to the free world.

Ken

mrbsox
03-20-03, 07:59 AM
What I'm thinking......

Praying mostly. Life goes on, we have jobs, families, etc. Thinking that I want some Divine interaction to make this all roll over real quick and easy. But my thoughts are turned UPWARD, mostly.

Where am I.....

Work right now, life goes on. Cathy just caught a plane to the D.C. area. Shes consulting on a potential 7 year commercial contract out there. So, I'm worring about her. She's supposed to fly back Friday evening. Damn Gun Laws out there SUCK.

So there. That's what I'm up to. Praying for our folks in harms way, and carrying on. Worring about some Fkn psyco being in the DC area, trying to maintain a civil work environment. Wishing ill will to the Gulf area, and knowing that those aren't good thoughts.

Have a nice Fkn day. :marine:

Terry