PDA

View Full Version : On Independence Day..........

Phantom Blooper
07-04-07, 07:32 AM
May the fourth be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Coup
07-04-07, 08:34 AM
And with you. Have a safe, sane and if your driving, sober Independence Day. God Bless the U.S.A. and God Bless the Marine Corps.

Semper Fidelis

Dave

thedrifter
07-04-07, 08:56 AM
Happy 4th!

Enjoy Your day!

Remember Our Armed Services!

Today we celebrate the generations of men and women who have sacrificed their time, energy and often their lives in order to build a better country. This is an opportunity to reflect upon the deeds of our founding fathers and to consider the means by which we might continue to guard those essential freedoms that we associate with happiness. We see it in the brave soldiers who risk everything to secure freedom abroad.

Be Safe and Have Fun
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Ellie

MillRatUSMC
07-04-07, 02:46 PM
While watching the 'Revolutionary War', the was a scene of war between naval ships.
That brought the thought of words spoken by John Paul Jones, on being asked if he was striking his colors as a sign of surrender.
His reply 'Sir, I've just begun to fight!'
Maybe we should bring back that kind of thinking.
We were in uncharted waters and some days seem like night.
These words besides the words of another American urging us in 'Common Sense' that these were the times that try men souls.
He also did more than just write, he donated a great deal of money and food to feed the army of this new nation.
We owe much to John Paul Jones and Thomas Paine, so we're able to celebrate this day, the 4th of July 2007.
Have we done enough to inherit what they left us back in the 1700- 1800's?
More than watch baseball and fireworks.
That what I see wrong now, the nation isn't being asked to help carry the load of this war on terrorism.
It will take the whole nation, if we're are to prevail.
We MUST tell the world.
SIR, I'VE JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT!

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo