PDA

View Full Version : re-enlistment for a medical drop?

bball21
07-02-07, 01:49 PM
Hey guys, I got discharged last December on account of a seizure during bootcamp. I've talked to my recruiter and he made it sound like i've got an icecube's chance in Hell of them letting me back...

Zulu 36
07-02-07, 02:09 PM
Dropped for a seizure? The recruiter may be overstating your possibilities. I'd say less than an icecube's chance in Hell.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-02-07, 02:46 PM
Medical drops may be let back in when the medical condition is corrected. But, with a seizure, I would say your chances are just about zero. All you can really do is submit the paperwork for a waiver and hope for the best.

bball21
07-02-07, 04:35 PM
Well that's depressing. Guess i'll have to get a waiver for my depression now, too. j/k. Anyway, it's the first, and only seizure i've ever had. If i get a complete physical and written confirmation from the doctor saying i'm good to go, then maybe they'll give me the go-ahead? I've read about people that got dropped for chronic depression or some weird mental junk and got let back into boot with a doctor's note. So i'm hoping mine's the same, cause i'm ready.... again!

Marine84
07-02-07, 05:06 PM
What caused the seizure? (just out of curiosity)

bball21
07-02-07, 05:21 PM
It was during a MCMAP session on throws and falls, right after PT one day. Not far into training at all. It just sucks when i've heard about these people that have been been let back in after they purposefully get kicked out, and then i got out because of this mess and i can't get back in.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-02-07, 05:47 PM
There is a chance- but it isn't a great chance. Just see what you can get done.

bball21
07-02-07, 06:02 PM
alright no problem. Hey, do you guys think this will impede my options for a MOS? No security clearance jobs, etc?

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-02-07, 06:56 PM
My guess is that if you get back in it won't have any impact on what you can do in the Corps.

bball21
07-03-07, 05:46 AM
That is very good news. I'll be sure to update you on my situation as soon as I find something out. Thanks again, Marine.